Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini epic \'The wooden sword\'
Hi all,

the english version of our short epic 'The wooden sword' describing the life of a young batavian captive strugling the Arena life is now made available online. Please have a look

https://vimeo.com/105573666

More info: www.hethoutenzwaard.nl
ALA I BATAVORUM
Saw it last night, thank you for posting Smile I enjoyed it very much! Great job!
Lori Ames
The link has been posted on many a websites and on Facebook. The popularity of this short Film does not do itself justice here on RAT with only 3 replies.
A very good film, thank you Jurjen for posting here.
Kevin
Kevin
This is an excellent documentary. Bravo.

Publius Quinctius Petrus Augustinus
(aka Pierre A. Kleff, Jr,.)
Petrus Augustinus
He guys, I am in it, too :woot:

I do hope you guys noticed Jurjen actually plays the lead role, but then again, how could you, as his avatar shows him with a facemask Big Grin

There was many a hilarious moment during the shooting of this film. The audience was acting with a plastic bag sat on the ground as a focal point, but I assure you, there was little fight left in it. And if you are wondering why Jurjen looks so convincingly scared in the chase shot, well, he was running between the cameraman shooting from the boot of a driving car with two horses thundering down on him from behind!! Now that is one brave dude!!

For all those always complaining about movie accuracy, well, as far as I can tell, this is about as good as it gets!
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
A great pleasure to watch a film that deals with the subject of gladiators with accuracy, not sensationalism. Loved it. Great job.
I really enjoyed it!
Als Mensch zu dumm, als Schwein zu kleine Ohren...

Jürgen Graßler

www.schorsch-der-schmied.de
www.facebook.com/pages/AG-Historisches-Handwerk/203702642993872

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mini-epic \'The wooden sword\' now available jvrjenivs 10 3,609 11-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Narukami