Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quiz
For some reason I can't add images...any ideas?
Ioannis Georganas, PhD
Secretary and Newsletter Editor
The Society of Ancient Military Historians
http://www.ancientmilitaryhistorians.org/

Usually happens, when they are too big..
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Quote:Usually happens, when they are too big..
If you don't have PhotoShop, Ioannis, go here: http://www.picmonkey.com/ Wink
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
The image is pretty small so I can't understand why it won't let me upload...
Ioannis Georganas, PhD
Secretary and Newsletter Editor
The Society of Ancient Military Historians
http://www.ancientmilitaryhistorians.org/

I have the same problem every now and again and can only add pictures via photobucket.

And then some days it allows straight file inclusion.

You do click the "Add File" bit once you've selected an image, don't you?
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:The image is pretty small so I can't understand why it won't let me upload...

Ioannis, it looks like that either the admins restricted the access for certain forums or users, or this is their yet another blunder. Probably the latter. I could not attach my small images either, even though I tried several times. So I had to upload them on my ftp site.
Ildar Kayumov
XLegio Forum (in Russian)
Ildar, thanks for your advice. If you have issues with the site, I suggested you communicate those via PM or in a 'feature request/bug report' thread. The most likely reason for this 'blunder' is Cloudflare. It helps speed up the site, but sometimes does odd things with the sessions making uploads difficult.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:Ildar, thanks for your advice.

Not at all.

Quote:If you have issues with the site, I suggested you communicate those via PM or in a 'feature request/bug report' thread.

I don't have problems since I always can work around them. However, not every user can. In this particular case, I just explained to Ioannis (taking into account my experience of administering my own forum), what is happening with uploading images.

Quote:The most likely reason for this 'blunder' is Cloudflare. It helps speed up the site, but sometimes does odd things with the sessions making uploads difficult.

Does it mean that instead of being solved the problem is only acknowledged and Ioannis will still be unable to upload his puzzle to the forum?
Ildar Kayumov
XLegio Forum (in Russian)
Ildar,
If people don't point out problems they run into, it's going to be hard to fix them, isn't it? Members in general are encouraged to post those in separate threads so we don't derail ongoing discussions.

Quote:Does it mean that instead of being solved the problem is only acknowledged and Ioannis will still be unable to upload his puzzle to the forum?

It means that I think that's what the reason is for this problem. As a forum admin yourself, you ought to know that there can be myriad reasons why something does not work. It may be Cloudflare, it may be a server issue, it could be a code issue, it could be Mootools, or it could be his browser...

I'll try to find out what causes this problem and I'll attempt to fix it, but don't expect me to drop everything I'm doing when a problem is identified. If you want that kind of service, we'll have to find a different way to finance this forum.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
On a pc:

Copy the image and paste it into an MS Paint document

Resize/scew to a suitable size

Save as a jpeg on your desktop

Do Attachments and Add File at the bottom of the message.

That should do it...
Nathan Ross
Quote:On a pc:

Copy the image and paste it into an MS Paint document

Resize/scew to a suitable size

Save as a jpeg on your desktop

Do Attachments and Add File at the bottom of the message.

That should do it...

That's how I do it, however if Ildar is doing it that way then Cloud is most likely the problem.
I've split this thread from the Quiz thread - OT for the Quiz and informative enough for another section.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Now I can't post images either! - whenever I click the 'Attachments' bar at the bottom of the message, a box opens with all my images, but they don't load into the bar when I double-click on them, and 'Add File' doesn't do anything either...

Has something changed in the last few days? It used to work fine... :dizzy:
Nathan Ross
Test.
[attachment=6320]post-2-13578248415902.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

M. CVRIVS ALEXANDER
(Alexander Kyrychenko)
LEG XI CPF

quando omni flunkus, mortati
Still works for me, no problem. What are you using?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)