Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show your Roman artwork
To Simon:Thanks,I look forward to see yours as well.

To Evan:"What kind of style of painting is that?"-it's an amateur style, I would say Big Grin

...and now seriously-it's mainly acrylic paints but I use them more like it was watercolors.
Great work, Pavel - I love the attention to detail and the atmosphere you create here. Is anyone commisioning you at all?
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
Quote:Great work, Pavel - I love the attention to detail and the atmosphere you create here. Is anyone commisioning you at all?

Except of a few recent sci-fi illustrations to online magazine and a couple of comics fanzines I have to say that I've never done commision in something that could be called historical reconstruction,but it's my dream so Im working on it and try to improve my work constantly.

In better resolution you might see it here:

http://amelianvs.deviantart.com/
Nice work again Pavel. You have a unique style...well done.
Phil McKay
Illustrator
www.philmckay.com
Thanks Phil,old Justinian I.especially for you Smile :

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Very Regal image Pavel, well done once again!
Phil McKay
Illustrator
www.philmckay.com
Ah yes, didn't Justinian have the plague? It looks like he has scars from where the Buobos were.
Quote:Ah yes, didn't Justinian have the plague? It looks like he has scars from where the Buobos were.

Yes, he was infected with the plague,and as one of the extremely few survived it but infection left its effects on the his mind and more visible on his body.It was for the first time back then,that so called bubonic plague appeared and it was One of the most horrific pandemic ever,greatly(and more then anything else) undermining Justinian's efforts for Roman reconquest.
Thanks for the link to your pics - it was a pleasure to look at them. Smile

I hope you do more work in the Late Roman period as there a few artists out there detailing that period.
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
a few draft cut out and colours for fun;

[attachment=6123]Roman1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=6124]Roman2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=6125]Roman3.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=6126]Roman4.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:Thanks for the link to your pics - it was a pleasure to look at them. Smile

I hope you do more work in the Late Roman period as there a few artists out there detailing that period.

I certainly will.This time most of it completely out of my own imagination not based so much on reenactment photos.I already have a lot of preliminary sketches-mostly from late roman era.
I did a drawing of Flavius Aetius, I will upload it tonight. I am starting one of the Battle of Chalons - all the works by Angus Mcbride just depict the Goths. So I will show what the Roman Army of Aetius may have looked like when fighting the Gepids.
looking forward to the drawings!
Markus Aurelius Montanvs
What we do in life Echoes in Eternity

Roman Artifacts
[Image: websitepic.jpg]
EDIT: I keep getting an internal server error and am unable to upload the images.
I am having the same problem with uploading images as well...
Markus Aurelius Montanvs
What we do in life Echoes in Eternity

Roman Artifacts
[Image: websitepic.jpg]