Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reference Architecture
It would probably be a great help to newcomers, and indeed to most, to have the equivalent of a 'reference architecture" for soldiers through time. That is, a overall depiction of one or more soldiers with their appropriate equipment at various times. This could be spaced every 50/100 years, and it might help dispel confusion about, for example, which pugio at which time, or the appropriate belt configuration. Such images could be pulled from existing illustrations, with permission, or created, and options could be listed as well..range of pugio types for example in 50 AD.

As an extension, it could also point to various existing commercial examples or link to the plans to make the item (eg, direct link to Legio XX shield press)
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
You mean http://www.frasdorf.org/?
ALA I BATAVORUM
yes, rather like that, though for the ruffians among us an English version would be nice.
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?
Now, converting that to HTML and putting it on romanarmy.com would be a good move. And, tieing it to currently available examples would be good too.
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?
Quote:Now, converting that to HTML and putting it on romanarmy.com would be a good move. And, tieing it to currently available examples would be good too.
Hmm, looks a bit too sure of itself (and source-light?) for a doubting renegade like me to be comfortable with and you just know that it would end up as resource-hungry clunky Flash rather than any of the many forms of HTML/CSS. Undecided A referenced, home-brewed RAT/RAC one would be preferable (under a Creative Commons licence, natch).

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there