Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHESTER ROMAN FESTIVAL
CHESTER ROMAN FESTIVAL 4TH -5TH JUNE 2011

This does not appear to have been mentioned here but I am assuming that several RAT members will be there either parading or as spectators.

Ben Kane will be at the Grosvenor Museum and I will be around too, probably at the Grosvenor Park, with some books, prints and postcards.

The event starts at 10:30am each day with a massed display of all the legionaries from at least four groups starting at 12:00 and a Gladiator show at 15:30

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Looking forward to seeing you again, Graham. The weather looks like it will be a bit kinder than last time.
Mike and Su Poole
Yes, I do hope the weather is good at Chester - it rained at the show I was at during the Bank Holiday weekend :?

Will look out for you Graham, or swing by the Late Roman section of the camp as I'll be there with Kurt Big Grin
Will be there with the Britannia contingent. Looking forward to it very much.
Marc Byrne
Graham,

If you want to put any books on our traders stall, feel free to do so... i've managed to loan mums portable clothes rail, so it frees up some table top space ..

It might save you having to lug them around with you..

I'll be in Flint on the friday night staying there after setting up the tent/hurdles, so if you want a hand taking anything on Saturday morning, i'll be getting a lift back into chester by around 9am

Cheers
Claire Marshall

General Layabout

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.plateau-imprints.co.uk">www.plateau-imprints.co.uk
I had to drop out, but I have friends attending! Sounds like an excellent event.
Paul Elliott

Legions in Crisis
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/17815...d_i=468294

Charting the Third Century military crisis - with a focus on the change in weapons and tactics.
Thanks for postin about this, Graham. I'm doing a talk in the Grosvenor Museum on Friday night, with Ruth Downie (the Ruso Mysteries), and will be in the Park all weekend long too. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Unfortunately I've got to go and stay in a hotel, eat big dinners and ride motorbikes this weekend, otherwise I'd have been there. Looks like it's going to be an excellent event. Envious.
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
Hi Claire

Thanks for the offer, I have sent you an email.

Ben, we appear to be in the same tent on Saturday and Sunday so I should see you!

Looking forward to it.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:Unfortunately I've got to go and stay in a hotel, eat big dinners and ride motorbikes this weekend, otherwise I'd have been there. Looks like it's going to be an excellent event. Envious.

Going round sharp curves, eh?

We'll be having loads of fun, really, you should consider changing your weekend to another one.

:wink:
Mike and Su Poole
Quote:Yes, I do hope the weather is good at Chester - it rained at the show I was at during the Bank Holiday weekend :?

Will look out for you Graham, or swing by the Late Roman section of the camp as I'll be there with Kurt Big Grin

Come rain or shine we will be there even if I have to carry you both Wink :lol:
Fasta Ambrosius Longus
John

We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

[Image: Peditum3.jpg]
Sadly I won't be there- it looks like one of the top events of the year- a real shame. A combination of a close friend's 50th and "restructuring" at work..... Cry
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
I was supposed to be there, my first event out for quite a while unfortunately I've a shipment of marble sitting in a depot 'somewhere in England' and I've either got to find it and get it or find another supply before Monday. Fortunately the shipping company said they are going to sort it out as a matter of urgency.......10 days ago! :roll: It's even more annoying as this looks as if it will be the biggest of the year here in the UK.
Lawrence Payne

Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Vermeer to creosote your shed ;-)
[url:2kdj7ztq]http://www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk[/url]
www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk
www.romanmosaicpatterns.com
This was a great event although I was a bit surprised at how mixed the standard of kit was - mostly great or good, but there were some total disasters.

Graham Sumner must be one of the most pleasant people on this planet. Great talking to you, sir Smile And listening to Cheyene talking about weaves, dyes and so on is totally engrossing.

Parade - one of the best speeches (by the God Emperor, Domitian Ceasar) I've ever heard. Proper mad, evil, frothing at the mouth, insane, deranged monkey. He convinced me - I'd bloody follow him and kill a few thousand people in his name.

Legio XIIII - your marching chant is stunning. Chills the blood. You are absolutely great.

Some pics here, taken on Sunday:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Piotr.Smola...9WUuaaW0QE#
Looks like I missed a great weekend!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Postponement of Chester Roman Festival until 2014 Squamatus 4 1,444 01-30-2013, 02:40 AM
Last Post: 66kbm
  Chester Roman Festival 2012 Nerva 10 3,983 01-18-2012, 04:58 AM
Last Post: Nerva
  chester roman festival - UK madoc 6 3,501 10-16-2005, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Opifex