Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost or stolen (and maybe found)? Report it here!
This thread is for all of us to report lost and stolen reenactors items. Please use it only for rare and expensive things that stand a chance of beeing recovered. Include photos, descriptions and contacts.
And you might want to check here if something's offered that looks 'too good to be true'.
(shamelessly copied from the Facebook community...)
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I lost a disk from my cingulum last romeinenfestival in Nijmegen. But I think this not the place for such a lost item.
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX
I lost my wallet in Tesco in Clowne a few weeks back, has anybody found that..? And before you all question the relevance to RAT, it did contain money which would have been used to more buy Roman gear! :wink:
Scott Goring
Missing: One brain, human. Lost somewhere some time ago.

Head cavity feels lonely, lost and empty inside.
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Lost: Innocence. Quite some time back. In fact, I can't even remember where or when. Maybe in the first year of school, when Leonna Bolger --- no, never mind. It was before that.

But I've been a curmudgeon so long, I'm kind of getting to like it. Heh. :???:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:I lost a disk from my cingulum last romeinenfestival in Nijmegen. But I think this not the place for such a lost item.
Hardly. But IF you think it's valuable enough, at least place detailed pictures of the item with your report, if you want anybody to look out for it.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
We've decided to make this thread a bit more serious. Please use this thread only for rare and expensive things that stand a chance of beeing recovered.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
off course it is a very serious topic, stolen kit is offten nt replaceble certenly when coustom made or handmade. I hope it wont realy happen to me.Or to anyone here.:oops: :oops: :oops: sorry, just kidding.
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX
Sorry. Believe me I take theft or lost gear seriously. It's never good when someone loses an investment and a prized personal affect. I apologize if my off-beat humor annoyed anyone.
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
I have lost (or had taken) a small box, containing various javalin heads, 5 lead weighted plumbata heads, 3 -5 caltrops, same number of stimuli, a set of fire arrow heads, and possibly a few butt spkes.

Should anyone hear of the offer for sale of a set of these or as a job lot, can you post a link to me?
They disappeared after an event at Dilston Castle a few months back. Confusedad:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I have lost (or had taken) a small box, containing various javalin heads, 5 lead weighted plumbata heads, 3 -5 caltrops, same number of stimuli, a set of fire arrow heads, and possibly a few butt spkes.
Bummer! :-x Do you happen to have a picture of the box and/or the content?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Unfortunately not. :-(
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
What was lost, has been found! :oops: :mrgreen:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:What was lost, has been found! :oops: :mrgreen:
Really?? Good for you! How??
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
I guess I reorganised things after an event, but as it was just before I went away to work, in a new house, I forgot I had.
So found it with other things I had not used since that event.
Thats what happens when yopu try to please everyone.
Your own priorities get neglected.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel