Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Translation
I'm making a stick for the displaytable, with th text " watch do not touch " indifferent lanquages can someone help me with the latin??? it is a square piece of wood with in dutch
"kijken niet aanraken" and in german "kucken nicht anfassen" and ofcourse in latin.
thanks
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX
Hi Jos,
....in this case would rather advocate something like "Anschauen, nicht anfassen (!)" (Yes, ---- I think the exclamation mark IS essential here-- after all it's in German :mrgreen: , isn't it ....)
Or, more polite : "Bitte nicht anfassen (!)" ----- which in fact often proves to be a sure invitation for "Touchers".:roll: (I think everywhere on this planet that would be...) The choice is up to you......
(As a sidemark:
Im my local dialect it would rather be : "Aagugge, ned aafasse !" oder even shorter, like Comedian Bülent Ceylan would charmingly put it : "Uffbasse !!!!" (~ paaaas opppp !!!!))
Hope it helped

Greez

Siggi
Siggi K.
Quote:"watch do not touch" ... can someone help me with the latin???
Spectate, sed nolite tangere. (Behold, but touch not! Smile )
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
thanks guys, when it is ready i will post it here.:wink:
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX
Quote:"Bitte nicht anfassen (!)" ----- which in fact often proves to be a sure invitation for "Touchers".:roll:

When I was studying in Freiburg, one day I came across some park benches that they'd just painted. The sign read "Frisch gestrichen" with an arrow pointing to one corner where it said "Hier probieren".
Hello, my name is Harry.
Quote:thanks guys, when it is ready i will post it here.:wink:
Thanks Jos for the question and Duncan for the translation! Jurjen suggested a wooden tabula, this was my first version:
[attachment=576]KIJKEN-NIET-AANKOMEN.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Robert, that was indeed the idea, just mine can be rolles so it tranlates itself see above.
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX
this is how it it is going to look, just engrave and paint.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX