Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New forum/Community
Quote:
Vindex post=281975 Wrote:Ok...biff question number one.

How do I get the PM icon to appear on my profile? Can't see an obvious way of doing it...but I did say it was a biff question!:-D

In someones profile there is a text saying 'write message'. In the forum on the left the is a sign of a text-balloon to send someone a PM.

Thanks Jurjen - got that. But you, and others , have a speech bubble icon under your avatar which is the quick link to PM you...I don't have one Confusedad: and want to add it
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:Ok...biff question number one.
Thanks Jurjen - got that. But you, and others , have a speech bubble icon under your avatar which is the quick link to PM you...I don't have one Confusedad: and want to add it

You have it as well. But as it doesn't make sense to send yourself a PM it isn't visible on your own profile/posts. Wink (got me confused in first instance, too)
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:- Signature: Forum Profile and signature
- Latest post: you can set your post order in your own profile.

This seems to be the phpBB profile settings, but you can't reach them by the menu, it seems, as you get redirected to your community profile settings.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Hmmmm, looking at the vast number of guests online...i would say there are a lot of people trying to understand the new loggon instructions.....took me a while.:oops:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Is there some way to make it default to the index page instead of the recent topics page?
Nathan Bickham
Yes, having the index page as the main page would be a great step forward, giving people immediate access to an open discussion forum on all things Roman.

Are the groups actually closed down? I seem to be getting messages in them which I am trying to copy and paste to the forum for discussion but it seems a pointless task.
John Conyard

York

A member of Comitatus Late Roman
Reconstruction Group

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comitatus.net">http://www.comitatus.net
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.historicalinterpretations.net">http://www.historicalinterpretations.net
<a class="postlink" href="http://lateantiquearchaeology.wordpress.com">http://lateantiquearchaeology.wordpress.com
Group discussions are off John. The Signature thing does need work, I've seen that there is a better solution, which I'll try to implement soon. I'll look at setting the default tab too.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
- The forum should be (and from the 'Time to create page' numbers, is) faster now
- Signature. Kinda stop-gap, but it does work: index.php?option=com_kunena&func=myprofile&task=edit&Itemid=30
- The default /home-page should now be the conventional forum layout.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Looking very good. keep up the good work.

LVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
agrimensor
member of COBVLO
aka Jos Cremers
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX
Wow! Thanks, Jasper, and everyone else who has put in the effort to bring us the all-new RAT. It looks great (although I haven't tried to do too much on it yet Confusedhock: ).
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Nice clean layout (imho), but everything's so BIG! Confusedhock:

Having a bit of trouble with the profile information. I've entered the "required" information (gender, etc.), but it isn't showing up. Maybe because, although I've selected "United Kingdom", it insists that I enter a "State" as well.

I see Jurjen has managed to populate his profile. Well done, sir -- you have passed the initiative test! :wink:
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Quote:Nice clean layout (imho), but everything's so BIG! Confusedhock:

Having a bit of trouble with the profile information. I've entered the "required" information (gender, etc.), but it isn't showing up. Maybe because, although I've selected "United Kingdom", it insists that I enter a "State" as well.

I see Jurjen has managed to populate his profile. Well done, sir -- you have passed the initiative test! :wink:

It seems there are 2 places to fill your profile. The 'forum-profile' settings can be found under the community tab, when using the 'forum' button in the submenu.
(or go here)
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:Nice clean layout (imho), but everything's so BIG! Confusedhock:

We all get somewhat older, don't we?:lol:
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History
Excellent job!

Now I need to spend some time exploring the place and figuring out how things work.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Hello Dominator!Big Grin

Quote:- Slowness may be due to the 'SEO' component that rewrites 'ugly' links into pretty ones. I'll turn it off and we'll see what happens.
- SEO component may also cause the problem with deleting posts.
- Space: that's just the layout. Feel free to hire someone to write a better template
- Signature: Forum Profile and signature
- Latest post: you can set your post order in your own profile.
- Slowness has now indeed improved very much.
- I've not tried deleting yet, will test it soon.
- Layout: I understand: But perhaps we can make the post titles a bit smaller - I've noticed only tiny letters mentioning a new reply behind (or sometimes under) the large headers. Also, I noticed that quote signs (") in the headers did not migrate well. I've managed to edit a few. Nothing big.
- Signature has been changed now, thank you for the link. I added a small line to make it clear where the sig begins. Also, I had to remove something from the link to my homepage in the signature, which killed the link. Now it's fine.
However, when I click on 'profile' on the top of this page, I'm sent to my Community Profile, not to my Forum Profile. Can this be changed?

New question: there was a preview function on RAT3. Is it possible to have one here as well?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)