Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Captchas
Just tried to login, apparently mistyped (once) and was told I had had too many (!) failed attempts to login and was presented with a virtually unreadable captcha before I could try again. It was highly ambiguous, not clear whether it wanted upper or lower case, and I shudder to think what issues the colour blind might suffer with it (and I could see no option to have it read out). Seems a little bit draconian when even my bank allows me three attempts to get in (and no captchas).

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Did it to me too when I logged in from a different computer at lunch time.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Got the same here lately... Maybe there was something wrong with the system?
But, I thought there was a statement under the Captchas stating the were not case sensitive, though.
ALA I BATAVORUM
I'm aware of the problem, but not worth fixing: <!-- l <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31056">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31056<!-- l
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine