Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leonidas of Sparta: A Boy of the Agoge
Part one of a triolgy from author Helena P. Schrader:

http://www.amazon.com/Leonidas-Sparta-H ... 434&sr=1-1

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
I will make a point of getting hold of a copy of this at some point. I did try to respond to this thread a while back but it didn't take. It must have been during the 'change-over' period and it got lost. I'll be interested in your own review.
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]
I have not read the book yet, though it is in my wish list, Paul Bardunias has written a very favorable review at Amazon and after communicating with the author through emails I can say that she is a very knowledgable (and likable) person. Ms Schrader is currently doing research on the city-sate of Thespiae for inclusion in the series. :grin:

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad