Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recreating a Century at Corbridge 290509 Photo/Video Report
Hi,

More pics here http://www.romanarmy.net/events.htm

It was great working with the French auxilia from Bavay- their combat experience meant that their cuneus attacks and charges in line were far more tightly bunched than the more open cuneus favoured by non-combat reenactors- and this tighter formation felt far more realistic. A great weekend.

And note to the Kalkriese organisers- this is what Kalkriese 2009 event could have looked like , but with added barbarians.....
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
More pictures of Photographer Charles Bell

http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/ShareLand ... leid=en_GB
Wonderful. All those pictures are just great. It certainly was a big experience. Thanks for posting all those links , Jan.
ALA I BATAVORUM
So many pictures and im not on any one of them how is that possible. Glad to hear ppl enjoy my pictures and movies.
Wish the weather will be just as nice in Kalkriese next week except for the really really REALLY cold nights. I will be there again with my camera and my dog aswell this time.
Livia Claudia Lepus
(Wendy de Haas) (yes daughter of Peter de Haas)
Great pictures i was gonna go to this event but something came up and i was gutted i missed it. Thanx for the picsWink
Arbeia the Great
Michael Davidson

Hic nemo est quin Romam amet
Quote:So many pictures and im not on any one of them how is that possible. Glad to hear ppl enjoy my pictures and movies.
Wish the weather will be just as nice in Kalkriese next week except for the really really REALLY cold nights. I will be there again with my camera and my dog aswell this time.
I

I'm positive I saw a picture of you somewhere.....
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
Livia Claudia Lepus:3fqref8t Wrote:So many pictures and im not on any one of them how is that possible. Glad to hear ppl enjoy my pictures and movies.

Where did you see that picture? I would like to see it too.
Livia Claudia Lepus
What a marvelous gathering of Rome's finest! Very impressive! It even looks like the Romans outnumbered the spectators; given the turnout, I hope that was not the case, as this was a great show rarely seen.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:1asohpxe Wrote:
Livia Claudia Lepus:1asohpxe Wrote:So many pictures and im not on any one of them how is that possible. Glad to hear ppl enjoy my pictures and movies.

Where did you see that picture? I would like to see it too.

Sorry, I guess I wasthinking of the picture of you at the airport, and my memory saw you as you were at corbridge! Apologies. :oops:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:So many pictures and im not on any one of them how is that possible. Glad to hear ppl enjoy my pictures and movies.

Very nice pictures, Wendy.

What kind of dress did you wear at the event? If I know I can look if you are in the pictures my friends took at the event.

vale,
Jef
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Wendy. I hope you are not the young lady who was wearing a light brown coloured dress who slipped and fell on her bottom and slid down the grass bank at the rear of the Forum square at Corbridge, if that pic' is in my collection I promise not to show it for I took a few from that point of the Forum.
Brian Stobbs
Quote:Wendy. I hope you are not the young lady who was wearing a light brown coloured dress who slipped and fell on her bottom and slid down the grass bank at the rear of the Forum square at Corbridge, if that pic' is in my collection I promise not to show it for I took a few from that point of the Forum.
O no poor girl. But that wasnt me.
Livia Claudia Lepus
Quote:
Livia Claudia Lepus:liowuc7i Wrote:So many pictures and im not on any one of them how is that possible. Glad to hear ppl enjoy my pictures and movies.

Very nice pictures, Wendy.

What kind of dress did you wear at the event? If I know I can look if you are in the pictures my friends took at the event.

vale,
Jef

Hi Jef,
I was wearing a grey checked tunica and a red checked palla.
Livia Claudia Lepus
Quote:Hi Jef,
I was wearing a grey checked tunica and a red checked palla.

Like this? Smile

[Image: corbidgeAlanenWendy.jpg]

You seem very adept at avoiding getting photographed. I'll ask if there are other pictures where more than your back is visible :wink:
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
That is Wendy, indeed.
ALA I BATAVORUM