Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change has come!
Sorry, but I liked the old version much better. There is a blank grey square in the top left of my screen. Should there be something on it my computer is not picking up?
It's just alot of red and grey. Maybe I'm missing something but I wish the old version would return. Cry
Let your warriors be your shield, and your horse be your saviour, for I will live to see another fight another day.
Quote:Sorry, but I liked the old version much better. There is a blank grey square in the top left of my screen. Should there be something on it my computer is not picking up?
It's just alot of red and grey. Maybe I'm missing something but I wish the old version would return. Cry

No, you're missing nothing. It's simply that Jasper wanted to bring the forum back and running again as fast as possible, which means that he used a standard layout. This layout has to be changed anyway (at least the logo should go in the grey square indeed.)

Although I personnaly also liked the old design better. In particularly, in this one I find the color of links very bad chosen (grey for unvisited and black for visited links)
ALA I BATAVORUM
Hi Tim
The most important part of the 'change' is a new (updated) forum engine. What it looks like is just paint, but unlike your car, changing the paint scheme on a forum is much cheaper. It's not permanent as far as I'm concerned and yes, we need a new logo. :? wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hi Jasper,

my respect for your work on the new forum. Very good indeed and everything works as far as I can tell up to now. The only thing I find visually challenging (others have mentioned this before) is the coloring of visited and unvisited links. They should stand out more IMHO.
Hi,

I like the new design and I like it also because it seems to be much faster.
But I miss the "View posts since last visit"-Option... or ist that somewhere, but I can´t find it??
Martina Mesan-Pavlovic
Quote:Hi,

I like the new design and I like it also because it seems to be much faster.
But I miss the "View posts since last visit"-Option... or ist that somewhere, but I can´t find it??

Isn't that done by the "View new posts" link on the right top.
ALA I BATAVORUM
First of all I like the changes very much, and found only one minor thing. I get a daily message with updates on the forum but if I open this email it seems there are no new/changed items on the forum. Is this a bug?
JP van de Giessen
Blog: [url:xayumokv]http://bijbelaantekeningen.blogspot.com[/url]
Quote:I've been experiencing strange things when answering a message. When the message becomes long, the text will jump back every second to the top of the message. I then have to use the arrows to return to where I was typing (or continue blind), then the text will drop back to when I am working. But when I stop, within a second this will happen again. When I'm reading it happens time after time, very annoying.

This occurs both at home and at work, so it's not pc- or network-related. Cry

I have this problem too! If the cursor slips outside the box in particular......
Another teething problem....the Roman Army Talk notifier on my e-mail still comes through - but always says "no new posts", even when it's apparent there are many.....
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Hi Paul
What do you mean by notifier? The old digests system?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Yes, the digest - and I guess J.P. Van de Giessen is having much the same.....
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Quote:Yes, the digest - and I guess J.P. Van de Giessen is having much the same.....

Yes that's what I mean.
JP van de Giessen
Ah. Thats the old forum still firing messages. Don't know why it does that, to be honest. I'll look into it.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
It would be nice, if something similar is for the new forum, I couldn't find it.
JP van de Giessen
It might exist, but again, was one of the modifications of the old forum. I'm going to be a bit more reticent messing with the code this time. Stability of the forum is more important, I think.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
OK then, after one of my regular gaps I return to this site (having first forgotten my password - then found out the site had forgotten it too - then applying for a new one and so on...) to find it's changed a bit - but I must admit I can't remember exactly what the old one looked like (but I know it was different somehow) and now I've got to try and remember which threads I was reading/contributing to ... !!! :oops: :? lol:

Most of the other websites I visit are music ones and I really must frequent this one more often - if only to make sure it doesn't change again. :wink:

Happy Chinese New Year anyway (having missed our own) ... Smile
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]