Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change has come!
Don't seem to notice "Marketplace".
"In war as in loving, you must always keep shoving." George S. Patton, Jr.
Now I see it!
"In war as in loving, you must always keep shoving." George S. Patton, Jr.
Marketplace is completely private now. Guests cannot see it.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Thanks for getting the forums back up so quickly, Jasper! I've noticed one problem: the text in the "Linothorax update" thread in the Greek forum seems to have been scrambled. There are a lot of accented characters, and one of my posts contains text from Paralus' reply to it.
Nullis in verba

I have not checked this forum frequently since 2013, but I hope that these old posts have some value. I now have a blog on books, swords, and the curious things humans do with them.
The accented characters were probably not correctly converted. There's always a chance for mishaps there.
Not sure what might have happened with the postings.
If anyone feels like cleaning stuff up, I'd be happy to give you the contents from the old database, provided you can give me the posting's id -> click the little icon next to 'Posted: [date]' at the top right corner of the posting that needs fixing.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Salve Jasper!

Good work! Will have to get used to it a bit, and I like the clear avatars (pictures seem of better resolution). Poll on the laudes would be good idea.

Much appreciate the hard work ... Big Grin

ps darn, can't find the spellcheck here ...
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
I'm already getting used to the new design I think, but it will fill quite strange for a long time yet I think... :lol:
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Salvete Omnes,

Wooooow Jasper I like what you've done with the place Confusedhock:
Hopefully the sign of better things to come for RAT...

Best Regards,
aka: Julio Peña
Quote:"audaces Fortuna iuvat"
- shouted by Turnus in Virgil\'s Aeneid in book X just before he is utterly destroyed by Aeneas\' Trojans.
Looks great!

Thanks for putting in the time and effort!
AKA Chris Walters
Madison, Wisconsin USA
Excellent work Jasper.

Laudes to poll: yes.
Colour of links: preferred coloured

Some characters seem to have gone gah gah and I notice you can't edit pre-change posts. Is that possible to change?
Arturus Uriconium
a.k.a Mak Wilson
May the horse be with you!
[url:17bayn0a]http://www.makltd.biz[/url]
- This new version has a default limit on editing post, which I've just set to 0 (ie unlimited)
- Garbled postings: the forum just went from a MySQL 4 to MySQL 5 database & a conversion to UTF-8. All good for the future, but that does mean that sometimes special characters were not properly converted. Before anyone asks: there's nothing that can be done about that automatically. I do have the old database and I can retrieve old postings from it as plain text. It is impossible to selectively redo the conversion. And there's no way in h*ll I'm flushing all the work of the last week.
- Color of links: that could be changed, but there are a lot of links in that grey-ish color and change one, change them all. We do want the template to remain good-looking, right?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Well, because Jasper has already been called our "emperor", and because he has shown his expertise, I decided to make him look more presidential.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
No problem Jasper, you did a brilliant job and these were just observation on my part. I have designed a few websites myself and know the work it entails! What's strange is that it's even garbled ordinary characters and not special ones. Odd, but, not a problem. Well done again!
Arturus Uriconium
a.k.a Mak Wilson
May the horse be with you!
[url:17bayn0a]http://www.makltd.biz[/url]
looking good!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
So far, so good.
"Fugit irreparabile tempus" (Irrecoverable time glides away) Virgil

Ron Andrea