merovingian Meal
Marle (France) August 2010
Christian Delabos
Le Musée Itinérant (France)
Great image Christian!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Great image Christian!

Ditto ,great candid shot
Hannibal ad portas ! Dave Bartlett . " War produces many stories of fiction , some of which are told until they are believed to be true." U S Grant
"Good ole boyz" from eastern woods. No armour, no gold, no mercy...

Roman citizen! Go to Germania, your waggon is already there!
No comments - popular, ancient stereotype joke ;-) ) .

Waky-waky!
Second century p.Ch.n. - Breaking News! Notorious black warriors - Harii pay a visit in a quiet Marcomanic village (or are they inside the Cotini stronghold?).
Metal artifacts based on findings from Poland. Shield shape - based on findings of shield-miniatures from Siemiechow (Near the city of Lodz, Central Poland). Other - after Tacitus, bog-findings, Column of Marcus Aurelius.
Wojciech Wasiak (Votava)
HARJIS / DAGOME
Great job Germanics! You guys are catching up to the Celtic impression thread Confusedhock:

Very well done everyone.
Todd Franks

"The whole race is madly fond of war, high spirited and quick to battle, but otherwise straightforward and not of evil character." - Strabo on the Celts
This is me and my family.
We are members of re-enacting group form Rzeszow (Rzeszów) in Poland, we re-enact German people from second half of second century in central Germania, archeological it well by Przeworsk Culture.
Piotr "DenWer" Kieca
Good Job sir! I can't tell, was that mail plundered from Romans or is it Germanic make. Also, one thing that Romans underestimate is the ability of a short, hard, pointy Germanic spear. Beware the pointy sticks, all Germany based Legions, Beware! :lol:
Nicholas
Halo

This spear is not short :wink: , javelin yeas spear not Big Grin .
Piotr "DenWer" Kieca
Very nice pics, DenWer Big Grin !
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Wonderful pictures!!

Andreas, may I download your pictures and publish on my blog? I obviously would name you...

Best wishes,

MAT
OK.
Piotr "DenWer" Kieca
Just visiting this thread after several months away from the boards. Can't believe nobody commented on the Sutton Hoo kit! Looks gorgeous.
Franklin Slaton
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Your mother wears caligae!
@ any mod:

Is it possible to have this thread "sticky" again?

cheers

Robert
Robert Brosch
www.chasuari.de">www.chasuari.de
Germanic warriors of 1st ct. AD

www.comitatus.eu">www.comitatus.eu
Network of germanic Reenactors of 1st ct. AD
@MAT:

As I don't know the blog I can't answer right now. Why don't You send me the link and I will get back to You when I have seen where the pics are supposed to be published..

Regards,
Andreas
Andreas Riegel
Hi Gandhi

I ask you a question. You set your sword (mittelgermanische Sondergruppe) on the belt, but these swords can they not attached to a baldric ? How can we know?

Thanks you

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show here your Sarmatian warrior impression Alanus 108 125,926 07-03-2020, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Sooqa
  Show here your Celtic warrior impression Chuck Russell 204 182,624 12-01-2017, 10:00 AM
Last Post: ancientbattles
  Show here your Thracian warrior impression Dain II. 22 32,620 05-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Last Post: AMELIANVS