Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last film you watched....
Be aware that "Troy" is not supposed to be an adaptation of the Iliad. It is supposed to be a story about events and persons who, several hundred years later, might have inspired the Iliad. I enjoyed it and rerun it from time to time on DVD.
Pecunia non olet
Quote:I had the same notion concerning Brad Pitt as Achilles, he is actually very convincing (IMO) and possibly the best of the characters in the film.

Okay, I will give Brad Pitt as Achilles a chance. I'm pretty sure I'll end up liking the movie, but if not, it's only a couple of hours of my life. Big Grin
Bellatrix

a.k.a. Lisa Gail

Nil illegitimi carborundum...Don\'t let the ba*tards get you down.

Luctor et emergo...I struggle and I arise.
Yeah, and Brad proves that white men can, indeed, jump!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Sort of related, but in looking at the cast of the new Musketeers movie, Ray Stevenson (Titus Pullo in Rome if you didn't know and Porthos in this Musketeers) is credited to being "in production" for a new Rome in 2011. Doesn't say movie or series, but one to keep an eye on I think.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:Sort of related, but in looking at the cast of the new Musketeers movie, Ray Stevenson (Titus Pullo in Rome if you didn't know and Porthos in this Musketeers) is credited to being "in production" for a new Rome in 2011. Doesn't say movie or series, but one to keep an eye on I think.

I'm glad you shared this. I loved Titus Pullo and HBO's Rome series and I had read something about there possibly being a new movie based on the series. I read that Kevin McKidd (Lucius Vorenus) had signed on for a Rome movie, so most likely it's a movie. I wish they'd bring the series back but I guess it's too expensive to carry on such a detailed, realistic series, especially since it was filmed in Rome itself. Can't wait for 2011!
Bellatrix

a.k.a. Lisa Gail

Nil illegitimi carborundum...Don\'t let the ba*tards get you down.

Luctor et emergo...I struggle and I arise.
The Expendables. I think the story was too complex, that Dolph Lundgren's portrayal of Gunner Jensen was too subtle, and that Sylvester Stallone's philosophical remarks were too complicated, at least for me. There ought to have been more explosions.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:The Expendables.. There ought to have been more explosions.

Then you might like the new A Team film -- not my cup of tea, but my wife and daughter loved it. Lots of mayhem and destruction.

:?

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:The Expendables. I think the story was too complex, that Dolph Lundgren's portrayal of Gunner Jensen was too subtle, and that Sylvester Stallone's philosophical remarks were too complicated, at least for me. There ought to have been more explosions.

Anything with Dolph is fine by me... Big Grin
I really want to see how Jet and Dolph go at it. Even though I know it's choreography it is a great moment for Martial Arts movie enthusiasts everywhere. Big Grin
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Quote:
Jona Lendering:r5abazkx Wrote:The Expendables. I think the story was too complex, that Dolph Lundgren's portrayal of Gunner Jensen was too subtle, and that Sylvester Stallone's philosophical remarks were too complicated, at least for me. There ought to have been more explosions.

Anything with Dolph is fine by me... Big Grin
I really want to see how Jet and Dolph go at it. Even though I know it's choreography it is a great moment for Martial Arts movie enthusiasts everywhere. Big Grin

I understand that Steven Segall, Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme were also invited to be in the film and oddly refused, at least odd for Van Damme, he's not exactly swamped with starring roles these days.

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
Chuck, Jean and Steve are well aware that they would get shown up pretty bad. I like Chuck but he has his Niche in movies.(M.I.A. & Walker Texas Ranger) Jean is best when by himself and Frank Dux is helping with the script (Bloodsport & The Quest.) :wink: Steven Segal well let this speak for me...
[url:3rwp0m2l]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi_2BC4PDV4[/url]
Craig Bellofatto

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

The Jerk. Still funny after all these years. Probably one of Steve Martin's best works. And Bernadette Peters never looked better.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I'm afraid my sarcasm was not recognized... :roll:
Quote:I really want to see how Jet and Dolph go at it. Even though I know it's choreography it is a great moment for Martial Arts movie enthusiasts everywhere. Big Grin
Prepare for a big disappointment. It's only explosions.
Quote:I understand that Steven Segall, Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme were also invited to be in the film and oddly refused, at least odd for Van Damme, he's not exactly swamped with starring roles these days.
I read that he refused because he realized that his character was not just one-dimensional, it had no dimension whatsoever.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:The Jerk. Still funny after all these years. Probably one of Steve Martin's best works. And Bernadette Peters never looked better.

Oh yes! That is a real classic! I remember Steve leaving the black family in the morning and the mother of the family wondering at dinner where he might be right now. Then somebody shows from the window that he is still at the bus-stop, hilarious Big Grin !
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Quote:
Astiryu1:19si1xpg Wrote:
Jona Lendering:19si1xpg Wrote:I understand that Steven Segall, Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme were also invited to be in the film and oddly refused, at least odd for Van Damme, he's not exactly swamped with starring roles these days.

Seagal was going to be the baddie, but he couldn't do it cos of a schedule clash which is a shame (I'm a huge Seagal fan - he proves that you can be a fat bast and still kick ass)

He goes on twitter from time to time and mentioned this (the schedule thing, not being a chubby ass-kicker) - its a shame as I say - I'd have loved to have seen him in it.

Cheers

Russ
Don't worry Jona I recognized the Sarcasm. :wink: I just get goofy about movies like this. I am an avid watcher of the old Shaw Bros. Kung Fu movies and they are so much worse. Big Grin
Craig Bellofatto