Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Retirement and Domain Transfer
Greetings all,

As you know, behind the scenes there has been much discussion of a "third age" of RAT and RomanArmy.com. Jasper alluded to this in his recent email about big changes coming. I encourage every member to submit your good ideas as he's requested, and think big!

This year, my personal circumstances are changing in enormous (and wonderful) ways, bringing the promise of new opportunities and new responsibilities. These real-life developments have caused me to thoroughly reassess my existing commitments and projects. Change is a good thing!

Because I cannot be as engaged as I would like to be in planning for v.3 of our beloved website and forum, I feel that this is a completely appropriate time to retire from my involvement with the online Roman studies community.

The ownership of RomanArmy.com and RomanArmyTalk is formally transferred to Matt Lukes, whom you know as the senior RAT moderator, Matt L. I foresee that Jasper and Matt will be working together to visualize and execute the coming evolution of our community, aided by your ideas and enthusiasm.

I want to take the time to thank every one of you who have contributed so much to the growth of knowledge and depth of resources available at RomanArmy.com. As the original founder of what was once a humble, self-designed project that I thought hardly anyone would ever notice, I am so gratified that it has all grown into what it is. Much praise is due to Jasper, Christy, the moderator staff, and our longtime members for their loyalty, creativity, and sharing of the vision.

I will miss you. Keep in touch: jrsclineATyahoo.com.

Best regards,

Jenny
jrscline
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Thank you for making this possible Jenny, without RAT roman reenactment wouldn't be what it is today!

And congratulations to Matt Big Grin

Vale,
Jef
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Congratulations on the baby Jenny! Girl or boy?
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Thanks for RAT, and all the best! Now you embark on a new adventure! One that will be more memorable and important than any other.
My thanks and very best wishes for the future!
That's very kind words, thanks guys.

We actually don't know just yet, Rich... still digesting the news. I did not expect to be able to have children, so it's a wonderful surprise.
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
You probably earned your honesta missio many years ago, but thank you for your legacy. May this new chapter in your life be a joyous one.
My humble thanks for all the new friends I have met through "RAT". Congratulations future Mommy!!!

Respectfully,

Wes Olson
Titvs Calidivs Agricola
Wes Olson

Twas a woman that drove me to drink, and I never thanked her. W.C. Fields
Hi Jenny

I'm new but have found this site so interesting. Thank you and good luck for your future x
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Ms. Cline, my pileus is tipped for you, and I bow deeply. Thank you for your service to the Roman Community. Please keep us posted as to the babykins.

BTW, the baby you're building now is really your second...this is your firstborn, you know?? Glad to be a part of it.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Congrats and all my best wishes for a wonderful future!
Vale!

Antonivs Marivs Congianocvs
aka_ANTH0NY_C0NGIAN0

My ancient coin collection:
[url:3lgwsbe7]http://www.congiano.com/MyCoins/index.htm[/url]
Thanks for this forum Ms Cline, it has been a great influence on my present involvement in re-enactment, and may you have the blessings of the gods on your future!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Greetings all,

As you know, behind the scenes there has been much discussion of a "third age" of RAT and RomanArmy.com. Jasper alluded to this in his recent email about big changes coming. I encourage every member to submit your good ideas as he's requested, and think big!

This year, my personal circumstances are changing in enormous (and wonderful) ways, bringing the promise of new opportunities and new responsibilities. These real-life developments have caused me to thoroughly reassess my existing commitments and projects. Change is a good thing!

Because I cannot be as engaged as I would like to be in planning for v.3 of our beloved website and forum, I feel that this is a completely appropriate time to retire from my involvement with the online Roman studies community.

The ownership of RomanArmy.com and RomanArmyTalk is formally transferred to Matt Lukes, whom you know as the senior RAT moderator, Matt L. I foresee that Jasper and Matt will be working together to visualize and execute the coming evolution of our community, aided by your ideas and enthusiasm.

I want to take the time to thank every one of you who have contributed so much to the growth of knowledge and depth of resources available at RomanArmy.com. As the original founder of what was once a humble, self-designed project that I thought hardly anyone would ever notice, I am so gratified that it has all grown into what it is. Much praise is due to Jasper, Christy, the moderator staff, and our longtime members for their loyalty, creativity, and sharing of the vision.

I will miss you. Keep in touch: jrsclineATyahoo.com.

Best regards,

Jenny
jrscline

Congratulations Jenny Congratulations Matt !!!

Vijay & Alauddin
Daniyal Steel Crafts
Alauddin & Vijay
Cry

we'll miss you Jenny! congrats on the baby!

Thank you for making RAT possible in the first place and all the kind words.

i'll miss you. May the Gods watch over you and your (future) family.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Congratulations Jenny and good luck in the future.

Thank you very much for starting this wonderful community and all the great work for it. Smile