Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
(09-08-2017, 04:36 PM)Gobsmacked Wrote: Greetings all!

My name is John DiMauro and I'm from Ballston Lake NY, USA. I'm interested in becoming a Roman reenactor. I've been a reenactor of other time periods (mainly WWII British, Soviet, and Italian) for almost 2 decades now, and have had an interest in Roman History for even longer.

I'm also a member in another Legion - The 501st. We costume as the bad guys from Star Wars. Smile

I'm looking forward to learning quite a bit from you folks!

Cheers!

Greetings John!

My name is Daniel, I'm one of the heads of Legio XIIII Gemina in the midwest! Most of our members reside in Ohio, but have some in Maryland, Vermont, Florida, Pennsylvania, and Canada. Most of us do other time periods as well (I just got out of Heer ww2, but currently do British AWI, Roman, and ACW). If you have facebook, feel free to add myself and Matt Digiralamo! we would be glad to talk to you about joining our legion if you're interested!

Cheers!

Daniel

www.legio14.com
www.facebook.com/legioxiiii
(06-26-2017, 07:36 AM)legionarioHermanus Wrote: Salve!

My Name is Jasper and i'm living in Holland. Very interested in the originated and development of Rome itself, from small tribes to the world power it was. Thinking about joining an re-enacment group in Holland but that is still in an early stage. Hope to learn alot from this forum.

Hi, Jasper if you are looking for a Roman group in the Netherlands there are several options. what period are you looking for?
Maybe I can help you make a choice.
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX
Hello,

So...introductions. My real first name is Cameron, I am curator of collections at the Cranbrook Institute of Science, located in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. I have a long academic and athletic interest in martial arts (eastern and western) as well as archery and horsemanship. I have degrees in Anthropology and History with a focus on Great Lakes Native American culture. Despite that focus, the Institute's collections span the globe, so I am a bit of a generalist. With the Institute hosting an exhibit on Ancient Rome, I am putting together some programming for the run of the exhibit. It just so happens to fit nicely into my personal interests. So, for several months my trusty steed and I have been working on javelin throwing, sword and spear work and the like. I am looking to put together a basic 1st century AD auxiliary cavalry impression, and may end up hooking into the local group. Perhaps my son can become my groom/spear carrier. Smile

So, a newbie with a decent background. Happy to accept advice from the experienced crew herabouts.
Cameron
Welcome Cameron!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Salvete omnes,

My name is Sean and I am a student of History, Classical Archaeology, and Latin at the University of Michigan. I was actually a member of this forum about four years ago but my account was lost so I thought why not begin anew. My interests include (but are certainly not limited to) the legal and military structure of late Republican/early Imperial Rome, with sub-interests in contact with the Northern European tribes. I will be starting my undergraduate thesis on the influence of Roman military traditions on the "barbarian kingdoms" of Northern Europe - you will be hearing a lot of questions from me regarding that very soon. As I remember many of you are lifelong academics so, although I have another year a half, I will also post quite often on graduate programs and career routes.

Sean
Hello

I had been considering joining for some while but got the final nudge from reading Daniel Mersey's book "A Wargamer's Guide to The Early Roman Empire" (or "A Wargamer's Guide to The Early Roman Army" as it says on the spine).  I have been interested in the Roman Army as long as I can remember both as history student and wargamer.
Greetings. Or should I say Ave?

I am Larry Zambrano a.k.a. Zeus67.
I'm from Ecuador, South America.
I've been interested in Rome ever since I saw my first sandal and cape movie.
I'm here to talk about all things Roman, Greek, etc. Also I want to research about the 1st Jewish War. I am planning to write a novel based on the war and I need to do a lot od research.
I'm a software coder and I earn a living by coding modules that are used in flight simulators.
All newcomers welcome to the forum. Remember to enter your real (first) name into your signature. Forum rules!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Hi, new member here hoping to get some help regarding the Marian Reforms for my dissertation project. 

I'm a 3rd year ancient history student studying at the University of Nottingham. 

My Dissertation is regarding the extent to which Marius actually was involved in the reforms commonly attributed to him. 

If people could point me towards articles/discussions etc arguing for and against that would be great. 

Yours thankfully Thomas
Hello Thomas and welcome to the forum.
Now, about that real name... Wink
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Salvete,

I actually made this account a couple months ago but never got around to introducing myself to y'all, so I figured better late than never! Smile I'm a huge history buff from a family of history buffs, and have had an interest in Rome since I was little. My interests lie primarily in the Third and Fourth Centuries AD, and would love to reenact them, but any reenacting done would have to come secondary to my studies. Additionally, I just wanted to say that I'm glad I found this community and I hope y'all have a great day!

- Liam B.
Thumbs Up 
Hi, I am a student interested in Rome.
- Julius
Hey, I'm Sebastian. I'm from Utah, and I'm just interested in learning more! Not as a student or anything, I just think it's all interesting. Smile
Welcome both!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Greetings to the community!

My name is Sait. I am from Ankara/Turkey. I am actually a returning member. However I lost access to my previous account several years ago. Anyway, I am overall interested in ancient and medieval warfare, related figure modelling, 3D modelling and game modding. Glad to be here.