Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
Yes, welcome aboard. I share your fruistraton - no re-enacting where I live either - but you can see a good side to that. You can take time to research your gear and persona thoroughly. Nobody is pushing you. That is also good for your wallet Smile Of course, it is nice to hae other people around, but maybe once you get your basics together you can recruit some?

Vale
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
Actually I'm not new, but Carus Andiumae slightly re-invented. Hopefully my name is more accurate this time, but probably not - just innaccurate in a slightly different way.
Carus Andiae - David Woodall

"The greatest military machine in the history of the universe..."
"What is - the Daleks?"
"No... the Romans!" - Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens
Well welcome back Carus!
Animals die, friends die, and I shall die, but one thing never dies, and that is the reputation we leave behind after our death.
No man loses Honour who had any in the first place. - Syrus
Octavianvs ( Johnn C. ) MODERATOR ROMAN ARMY TALK
Click for Rule for Posting [url:3135udah]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
Thanks!
Carus Andiae - David Woodall

"The greatest military machine in the history of the universe..."
"What is - the Daleks?"
"No... the Romans!" - Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens
Quote:- where are you from?
- how'd you become interested in Rome?
- why are you here?
- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..?
1) I'm presently based in Atlanta, GA, USA.

2) I first became interested in many things Roman in the early 1960's, by reading public elementary/primary school library books on Roman history, culture, early Christianity, art, architecture, engineering, military, etc.

3) I'm here to learn, better understand, collaborate, research, experiment, translate, write, advise, teach, etc. Several friends & acquaintances recommended joining RAT, as they did, and after read many RAT posts, I agree with their recommendations & joined.

4) I do 1st century reenactment when my real life natural disaster response/ recovery/preparedness work, overseas family situation, and limited finances allow. I.e., that's not as often as I would like. I started a virtual 4-5th century (Rhaetia) "group" Legio III Italica Concors (Cohors III) in 2000, will start actual reenactment this year (this month, I'll contact individuals & groups that have similar 4-5th century interests). I'm a late 40's, Ph.D., government environmental & historic preservation officer; with (degrees in earth sciences (remote sensing minor), geography (cultural & economic; botany minor), and ecology (restoration, forest; statistics "minor"). I plan to return to school January 2005 for seven to 10 years of part-time studies for a Master's degree in historic preservation (I enjoy learning & doing so many things!!!). I lived & worked in Europe for three years, during 1980's, near former Castra Regina (home of Legio III Italica). I'm moderately fluent in German (Ja, Ich kann deutsch) & somewhat fluent in Spanish (Si, yo intiendo Espan~ol). I can read basic French & Italian; and I've just started studying Latin, to eventually translate original texts.
Welcome RESTITVTVS!
I'm a late one too!
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
for your gracious welcome from beautiful Barcelona. +r Smile
A warm welcome to yet another Late Roman enthusiast!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
[Image: loki08.gif]
After lurking for some weeks and after several posts that have been already written by me on RAT v2, now its time to introduce myself better.

Quote:- where are you from?
- how'd you become interested in Rome?
- why are you here?
- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..?

1. I am from Gdynia, north of Poland .. its in eastern Europe Smile
Poland is the country where everybody ... [Image: pijacy.gif] .. several times a day .. [Image: tongue.gif]

2. I am re-enacting for 12 years, actually in 5 different periods. Please find some of my reconstructions here http://www.kakaj.prv.pl (By default late 15 c section will be loaded, but on the top you have links to other periods). Generally I am interested in all historical periods. But
since my real name is Cezar (its polish version of "Caesar"), it was known [Image: usmieszek_08.gif] that I will start to re-enact roman period one day ..

3. Why. ? hhmm .. this question is crazy [Image: crazy.gif]

4. Re-enacting is my hobby, my life and my job too. Since I am also founder and main administrator of online forum for all reenactors in Poland http://www.freha.pl .. I know all the best craftsmen from Poland, Ukraine and Belarus. I am supplying re-enacting groups from western europe with every replica they need.
Cacaivs Rebivs Asellio
Legio XXI Rapax - http://www.legioxxirapax.com/
a.k.a Cesary Wyszinski
Welcome Cezar/Cacius!

I used to try and argue that Murray was some form of Marius but I gave up on that :lol:

Cheers

Murray
Murray K Dahm

\'\'\'\'No matter how many you kill, you cannot kill your successor\'\'\'\' - Seneca to Nero - Dio 62

\'\'\'\'There is no way of correcting wrongdoing in those who think that the height of virtue consists in the execution of their will\'\'\'\' - Ammianus Marcellinus 27.7.9
Thanx! Welcome from COLONIA IVLIA AVGVSTA FAVENTIA PATERNA BARCINO!
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Thank you also for your warm welcome. I first saw your Fectio website last year, which helped rekindle my Late Roman flames! Later this month, after our household move..., I plan to contact you & other 4-5th century Roman (i.e., modern & progressive minded :wink: ) persons & groups, to help me make better decisions when building my 4-5th c. kit, webpages & other things of mutual interest. Thank you again. Big Grin Best regards, +r.
8)

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Ave.
I am Caius (Caio that of Tarraco Viva's photos). I live near Barcelona. Though it(he,she) does not have anything that to see with my work I am charmed with the ancient history, and even more since I went to Tarraco Viva and I have started reading Valerio Massimo Manfredi. My other interests are RPG, to read historical novel and to play rugby.
Quote:I just find out today that my wife is PREGNANT!!!
Comerus, congratulations to you and your wife!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)