Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Nowhere Legion
I'd like to mention that my latest novel:

The Janus Eagle

is now available at Amazon.

"Far in the east of Rome, along the crumbling borders of the Tigris and the Euphrates, an old legion rots, long since abandoned and neglected by the emperor Valens and his advisors. This is the ancient Twelfth Legion, the Fulminata, the legion that once Thundered, raised by Caesar himself over four hundred years ago. A chance discovery in a dig propels an archaeologist to discover the truth of this legion, now long since forgotten, and its final doom. What he gradually uncovers is a story of betrayal and deception under a strange standard known as the Janus Eagle.

This is the first book in a trilogy which tells the story of this Janus Eagle and its final fate deep in the mountains of Armenia, a land riven now with discord and strife. A fate in which the men of this legion are finally forced to confront a shame and a stain over three hundred years old - men who have long since forgotten the thunder that was once the legion’s blood . . ."

This novel is the first of three books. Book Two - The Fortress of Desolation - wil follow in about six months and the final Book - The House of Caves - six months after that. The novel, as with The Nowhere Legion, contains a lot of research from the period (367AD onwards) and as with the first novel this forum has been invaluable to me in deepening that research over the last eight months while I was writing it. If anyone with an interest in this period would like a free PDF version, please PM me and I will send one over.
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
Will there be a proper book for us old-fashioned types?
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
Yes, it is ready to go but I need a friend to finish off the resdesigned cover but alas he is ill at the moment. Once he emails it over the book will be up at Amazon and linked to the kindle version. I look forward to your thoughts on it!
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
I look forward to that and will certainly let you have my thoughts. I am sorry not to give you the feedback on the early chapters, as I promised; I got distracted. Where have I read that before?
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)