Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zahi Hawass\' reality television show
I guess a guy has to pay the bills somehow.

History Channel: Chasing Mummies

Quote:Digging up ancient treasures is dirty and dangerous business, and nobody knows that better than the legendary Egyptologist Dr. Zahi Hawass. HISTORY's cameras follow closely as he and his cadre of fellows unearth astonishing finds and tackle some of the world's greatest archaeological riddles, from who built the pyramids to the location of Cleopatra's tomb. It's a whirlwind tour, led by the man who holds the keys to Egypt's greatest antiquities and rules his world like a modern-day pharaoh. Unfiltered, entertaining, exciting and suspenseful, "Chasing Mummies" lets viewers share in the thrills and hardships facing the team and crew as they toil to reveal what lies beneath the sand. With its wealth of historical information and blow-by-blow coverage of world-altering discoveries, this series breaks new ground—literally.

Video
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Dont listen to him, divorce him........ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OMG this is so lame.

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
This is why people dislike science and scholarship.

The surprising thing is that so many people working on universities do not realize it.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:This is why people dislike science and scholarship

No, this is why people dislike "Reality" Television shows! :mrgreen:
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Ahaaaaaa,
....it's the ZHAS (= Zahi Hawass Appreciation Society) at work again ! :mrgreen:

Greez

Simplex
Siggi K.
I watched my first episode last night and immediately got a strange vibe. Chasing Mummies felt like one of those “reality shows” on MTV, where the show is a bit more scripted than the viewer is led to believe. The whole thing felt fake, with the shaky camera and hurried close-ups, as if the cameraman was desperately trying to follow all the exciting action, even if the shot is of a few people calmly talking while standing in a circle. Many of the incidents seemed staged.

The interns or whatever they are supposed to be seemed a bit too fluffy to be archaeologists-in-training. One argued that Cleopatra had her body hid from Octavian in a strange soliloquy filled with factual errors. Many of the people on the show seemed to be acting to me.

Curious, I Googled “Chasing Mummies fake” and found something interesting. One of the interns is actually an actress, Zoe D’Amato , who happily admits that one of her roles was as an “Archeological Fellow” in Chasing Mummies on her online resume.

Viewer be warned.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A world without Zahi Hawass... Jona Lendering 21 4,404 11-16-2011, 05:21 AM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS
  Where do I ask about television possibilities? Marcus Octavian 12 2,399 11-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Exit Zahi Hawass, again Jona Lendering 2 936 07-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Simplex