Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traian\'s life on spanish TV series tonight
<br>
A romanian roman researcher I know just told me that on the spanish channel 2, "Traian roman emperor" series about the Traian's life (military too, of course), will be launched tonight at 10:30 p.m. (and then for the next wednsdays at 10:30 p.m.) He tells me that the series is really well done and fantastically reconstructed putting Traian in his truly light: the "good" emperor. Now, if our spanish members (Aitor!) could kindly get it by a video recorder, they could spread it to us, reimbursing the copying and shipping costs of course.<br>
<br>
Since I don't know if we'll have the chance to see it in our channels, please at least review it<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Titus <p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
Message received, in fact I've seen it announced on the newspaper today!<br>
There will be three parts (three quarters of an hour long each), on three successive Wednesdays.<br>
I'll see it, I'll record it and I'll tell you tomorrow what's been my impression on it. That's what I promise!<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Well, I saw the first part yesterday. It was short, in fact it only lasted about half an hour.<br>
Correctly made, it covered the first years of Trajan's career until his return to Rome as Cesar.<br>
Most time was spent stressing the economical importance of Baetica province, where Trajan was born and how rich families from there formed a lobby to have Trajan adopted by Nerva.<br>
Images from Xanten archaeological park (the Roman town having been founded by Trajan) and esporadic shots of a small re-enactment group leaded by an optio. Clipped oval scuta and Corbridge segmentatae, the helmets ranged from first AD to second AD. The problem is that they were used to illustrate Republican army, Trajan's time army and whatever other reference to Roman army was needed!<br>
(to be continued...)<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
<br>
<br>
Thank you for the review; I'm curious to know how the battles will be..., since it looks as the actual difficult part of any historic movie so far, especially of a Traian based one...<br>
<br>
Vale,<br>
Titus <p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

No, no, it is not a movie, it is a documentary!<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>

Rolf Steiner
<br>
A documentary? Oh, I tought it was a mini-TV series (with actors etc...)! Uhmm..., if none makes a movie about Traian's life..., ok, we'll do it! Let's give ourselves few years...And then...<br>
<br>
Vale,<br>
Titus <p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

Yes.<br>
I posted something on that some months ago on this page:<br>
www.romanhideout.com/news...031220.asp<br>
and<br>
www.romanhideout.com/news...031120.asp<br>
<br>
I knew this because I took part to the shots as a roman soldier together with our groups "Cisalpina" and "Associazione Palatinum". <p></p><i></i>
Luca Bonacina
Provincia Cisalpina - Mediolanum
www.cisalpina.net
Ah, so it was your group! I was really intrigued about its identity. I had even started to think they were a new Spanish re-enactment group!<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>

Rolf Steiner
<br>
Hi Luca, someone told me that Fabio left the roman re-enactment towards the napoleonic and the I Cohors Praetoria disbanded..., It should be a pity..., is it true?<br>
<br>
Vale,<br>
Titus<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

Yes, Fabio is no more with our group.<br>
<br>
Anyway pretorians are still alive.<br>
<br>
Cohors I Praetoria - Associazione Palatinum (temp. name)<br>
Cohors III Praetoria - Cisalpina Group ( www.cisalpina.net )<br>
<br>
We currently count up to 18 members, but I think we will pass 20 for the end of this year.<br>
Ciao! <p></p><i></i>
Luca Bonacina
Provincia Cisalpina - Mediolanum
www.cisalpina.net
<br>
In bocca al lupo!<br>
<br>
Ciao,<br>
Titus <p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

Yesterday I watched the second chapter.<br>
A hasty review of the Dacian wars, with visits to some Romanian sites and museums, included the Adamclisi one. Romanian scholars interviewed.<br>
They talked about Traajn's forum and the column, too.<br>
<br>
IMHO, three one hour chapters would have dealt better with the subject. In fact, each chapter looks more like if it were only an abstract of a longer one.<br>
<br>
Maybe the series maker thougt that the public would be bored if more contents were put into each chapter but the fact is that everything is enunciated and suggested and nothing is minimally developed!<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>

Rolf Steiner
Third and last chapter.<br>
Trajan's public works (harbours, aqueduct, baths, roads), his last Eastern campaign and death. A short glimpse into Hadrian's reign.<br>
More of the same, correct but too brief!<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>

Rolf Steiner
<br>
Any fight recontructions?<br>
<br>
Vale,<br>
Titus <p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

Nope!<br>
Just one demonstration by Luca's group at Trajan's villa...<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>

Rolf Steiner

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  \'Barbarians\' - a review of tonight\'s Tarbicus 4 1,715 06-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Tarbicus
  Spartacus Doc Tonight! john m roberts 2 1,295 04-11-2006, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Gaius Decius Aquilius
  The Real Patron Saints - UK TV tonight Tarbicus 2 1,641 12-20-2005, 04:18 AM
Last Post: Thiudareiks Flavius