Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Royal Navy Museum in the UK....
Anyone going there anytime soon? I'm looking for a picture of a real, 1812 era Royal Navy Lieutenant's undress uniform. Specifically this would have been the one from 1810 or 1813.

Failing that, does anyone have any pictures of this or know of any reference books, aside from "Nelson's Navy" the osprey book?

Legion: TBD
Disregard, got what I needed.

Matt,

Some where in all my junk is the diary of my illustrious ancestor George Izard who invaded Canada during the War of 1812, and messed the whole thing up. (To my Canadian friends, sorry about that.) The print is hard to read, and it doesn't say all that much and goes on and on about expenses, but I will try and find relevant pages to the war and send them if you want.

Of no real relevance, my name sake was also a young Ensign who helped burn the Philidephia when the Barbary pirats ran off with it, and had way to much fun doing it. They named some WW II destroyer after him. I got called to a reunion of the survivors when I was a cop to settle them down for having too much fun, and they and me were both amazed I had never heard of it, or the Philidelphia.

Ralph
the obscure
Wow...that is damned cool!

However boring should be published perhaps with footnotes or supplemental material.
The Library of Congress/National Archives would love to have a photocopy I am sure.
John Kaler MSG, USA Retired
Member Legio V (Tenn, USA)
Staff Member Ludus Militus https://www.facebook.com/groups/671041919589478/
Owner Vicus and Village: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361968853851510/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dinos at Royal Ontario Museum Senovara 4 1,488 02-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Senovara