Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treasure Questions
Hello all, I am a Graphic Design student at the University of the Arts London. I am currently researching for a 20 page newspaper on the story of the recent " Crosby Garrett" helmet find and sale in Cumbria. Is there any chance any of you would be willing to help my research by answering a few quick questions?

I would really appreciate it if you could give a few quick answers.
Thanks for your time.

Roughly many pieces of treasure are found each year?

What percentage of reported treasure ends up in public museums?

Do you have any idea how much found treasure goes unreported?

Do you feel the treasure act should be reviewed, especially with regard to the “Garrett Crosby” helmet case?

Do you think the British Museum should have a right to purchase all found objects, whether or not they are officially treasure or not?

How important are museums in today’s forward thinking, technology obsessed society?

Should monetary value be a fact in deciding whether or not an object is treasure?

Are most people who find treasure looking for it?

What is the most extraordinary find you have come across?

Have you ever found any treasure yourself?

Is most treasure found by the use of metal detectors?

How important are museums in today’s forward thinking, technology obsessed society?
Hi 'O',

Please write your full name in your signature, at least your real first name, it's a forum rule.

I doubt that your query is clear enough for anyone to give you the answers that you seek. This is an international forum - not just a UK forum (why did you asssume it was, btw?), so you'd best clarify which region/country/continent you seek to investigate.

Also, this is a forum devoted to the Roman empire - are you seeking to investigate Roman treasure alone, or treasure of al prehistorical and historical periods?

Some answers can be found on the internet, and cannot/should not be answered by anyone here, because you can easily do that research yourself. Ask the British Museum, ask the portable antiquities scheme, etc. Don't expect others to do your research.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)