Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Italian toothpaste
Ahem, this is a strange topic, but yes, I am seriously interested in Italian toothpaste.

In October, I visited an Iranian friend, and asked him if I could bring him something he might use. He said "toothpaste", and because I believed that he asked for this because toothpaste was no longer available in the Iranian shops, I bought him ten tubes, which he gladly accepted. Later, however, it turned out that he had been looking for a specific Italian toothpaste, for no other reason than that he liked the taste.

As it happens, (a) I will visit Mohamad again in March and (b) I will make a crash visit to Rome next week. I have never seriously contemplated which Italian brands of toothpaste exist, but perhaps some of you Italian RATs can help me with this most pressing issue: which Italian toothpaste tastes best?
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
If it will help italian economy...

Most of the ones sold here are international brands, so i can remember just this one as genuinely italian:

"Pasta del Capitano"
http://www.ciccarelli.it/capitano.php

Maybe there are others, but they have english names so i can't be sure.
Kosios (Livio Asta)
Quote:"Pasta del Capitano"
Oh yes, I now remember, thanks. Anyone else?
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
I dont know about that but the best toothpaste i ever used and still use is Euthymol.

Its English.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthymol

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
well, normally the italian tooth pastes are from world groups such as Colgate (USA).

Partially italian are Pierrel with its "AZ" brand or "mentadent" or the already mentioned "Pasta del Capitano". But the taste of these are completely equal to big world brands.

Something with a real strange-but-good taste is a very old fashioned toothpaste called "Neo-Emoform". A pink paste with a salty taste.
Luca Bonacina
Provincia Cisalpina - Mediolanum
www.cisalpina.net