Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Deepeeka Gallic H: a few questions and reflections
I´m trying to fix my old Gallic H and I wonder how you guys fix your liners in your helmets. How do you attach it to the helmet without punching new holes and add rivets.

Also I have a broken browguard. It was like that when I bought it and I have tryed to weld it but it is hard to make it hold. Just breaks up again. Well it is my heavy duty helmet and I use it for training. Lot´s of abuse. So I probally just gonna weld it on to the bowl. Not so correct but it will hold up for the quite hard shot I take in training sometimes.

I also have a problem with the neckguard. Often it is the way and you cant move as freely as you want. So I am thinking of cutting of the neckguard, take of one of the four ridges (witch is one to many anyways isn´t it) and cut the neckguard smaller by ca 3 cm.

What do you think of it?

Martin
Salve,Martin.
I'm not sure about the brow guard, but having had one of these I was going to remove the bosses on the neck guard,cut the side angle less wide coming around to the old boss hole all the way across,replace the bosses furthur in and replace the brass rim. As for the liner,I made one as per the liner thread here on RAT and glued it in.
I think Primvs Pavlvs has done a similar thing posted here(reworked gallic from deepeeka) with pics.
Good luck.
Vale,

Sorry couldn't post it but I found it.
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Glue seems to work.....Sometimes too well! :x
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deepeeka Gallic F, Reshape? mroberts02 1 774 06-13-2021, 09:19 AM
Last Post: franciscus
  Deepeeka Imperial Italic D vs Gallic G Helmet Cheek Guard lenghts wwiigunz 0 1,174 09-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: wwiigunz
  Deepeeka Gallic a ah6306n Romulus 11 5,048 02-22-2017, 10:42 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake