Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My "assyrian" bow has arrived!
Quote:So when will your Assyrian soldier impression be ready?

Perhaps I should first get some sturdy poles where to impale my enemies after my successfull siege operations :wink: ! Seriously I would like to have a good conical basic assyrian helmet, I have always liked those! The problem is that I have not seen one anywhere.

To us westerners "assyrian re-enactment" seems not to be on the top of the list, or have anyone seen for example assyrian, persian, sassanid re-enactors!? I today watched how the "modern Tiglath-Pileser" (Saddam Hussein) was sentenced to death. To my amazement I feel sorry for this bastard and I think executing him would be a big mistake. I must check my medication :roll: !

I was also thinking that Saddam would make a perfect ancient satrap, for example Assurnasirpal, when dressed in the right costume. Sadly I have to admit that even though he is a monster he makes an impressive effect nonetheless. He is a genuine "hard guy", although mad as a hatter :wink: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
.. which concludes today's last breaking of the rules concerning discussion of politics. :twisted:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Point taken, it must have been something I have eaten :wink: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Well, it was yesterday when I finally got the change to shoot with my new 70 pound "assyrian" bow. Now that`s a real weapon! It was easy to shoot and surprisingly stable, perhaps the release was somehow "cleaner" due to the extra poundage compared to my old 50-pounder. It was awesome to shoot at the targets 60-70 meters away with a very straight trajectory!

I think 70 pounds could very well have been a very useful poundage on warfare. It is easy to hold the aim/anchor and still packs a punch! In general I am amazed how accurate these Grozer bows are, highly recommended!
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
I am shooting more now that I made my finger sleeves and can tell the more I shoot the better I am becoming. A guy from work brought me an old long bow that he used to shoot, it is about the same draw length and weight as my composite recurve (28"/30lbs). I plan to use it with my western archer impression. Maybe one day I will get me a 50 pounder like yours when I build up to it.
Mercer Ferrell