Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edge of Empire
Edge of Empire Rome's Frontier on the Lower Rhine

By Jona Lendering & Arjen Bosman

ISBN 978-94-90258-05-4

Published by Karwansary of Ancient Warfare fame. I am surprised not to see this mentioned on here before now given the involvement of several RATers. I received my copy last week as I produced some illustrations for it, along with Johnny Shumate and Jose' Antonio German.

It was a pleasure to do the work and I am proud to have been involved with its production as it is a very attractive book. In particular I really enjoyed working on the Velsen reconstruction as it made a nice change from the majority of my work these days which is figure oriented. It was also quite a shock to receive a copy literally only days after finishing the artwork and sending it off. I hope the book is successful.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
My copy is somewhere in route - hopefully it will make it to me here in the USA without misshap. I received notice that they were shipping two weeks ago.
Quinton Johansen
Marcus Quintius Clavus, Optio Secundae Pili Prioris Legionis III Cyrenaicae
Quote:I am surprised not to see this mentioned on here before now given the involvement of several RATers.
Absolutely, mea culpa, was getting to that etc etc.. Thanks for bringing it to the attention of the forum, it's a great book with very good pictures and some beautiful artwork.

[attachment=5985]lendering_bosman_eoe.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
My copy arrived on Saturday. It is a wonderful book. Thanks for the English translation, especially!
Quinton Johansen
Marcus Quintius Clavus, Optio Secundae Pili Prioris Legionis III Cyrenaicae
With me from 20 november :grin:

A very good work! Congratulations to all involved in it!
Will have to check this out! Thanks for the review Graham!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Great title.

I will have to check it out.