Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deepeeka steel manica
Hello,

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?...+Arm+Armor

please share everything you deem noteworthy about this item with me.

Thank you, Hans.
Construction is ok (I own one), however as a Manica for use as a legionary, the plates overlap the wrong way. The buckles are modern and a bit off in shape as well. If you saved up a bit more, you can have an authentic one made by Matt Lukes...

http://www.ancient-warfare.org/index.php...&Itemid=40

Legion: TBD
Thx a bunch!

I got a few questions if I may: How wide are the first and last plates (bend included) and how many rivets connect each plate to the other?

Cheers, Hans.
Quote:Thx a bunch!

I got a few questions if I may: How wide are the first and last plates (bend included) and how many rivets connect each plate to the other?

Cheers, Hans.

If you do a search for it here on RAT, I'm sure you'll come up with all the details you would need to make one yourself. It has been discussed several times.
ALA I BATAVORUM
I got a manica from Armamentaria about two weeks ago. Check out the site and the description.You might find this is your best bet when Adrian gets more in. It seems to match documented finds well, and has attachment rings. It is lined with goat skin, which is a little stiff at first, but with some working loosens up. Some leather dressing should work also, but with goat skin I am not sure which is the best one to use. I had to add an extra hole to the strap on the wrist, but this is easy, of course.

Ralph
I would have to agree. For a little extra, you cannot beat the reconstruction by Matt Lukes. He made me one a while ago and it is excellent. Lukes very carefully and methodically researches all the pieces he makes. His reconstructions are never blind guesses.