Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman higher ranking officer\'s swords and helmets
Hiya all.... way back in the early forum days i had a thread going on my idea that some cavalry helmets might have been legati helmets, and i was looking, and still am for correct (not deepeeka) copies or examples of helmets worn by Legati, and or senatorial commanders.

Also i had a thread about the "lorica musculata" and was looking for images of some of them...

unfortunately both threads were lost in the move, and also the invaluable info they contained..

So i would like to start it again on the new forum, and would like to add a request for any information on the short sword (letter opener.....as some call it) The highest ranking officers wore...

I would still like to be able to one day put a full fledged and correctly portrayed Legatvs Legionis, or Consvl in full military gear in the field.....

any thoughts on these items and or photographs or imagery is highly welcomed!

By the way are there any recent photos of the Autun helmet?

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Do you remember which sub-forum they were in? I'm epitomatoring from the early days, so might come across them.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Well, I unfortunately dont know anymore exactly which sub group they were in, however i have found my Autun helmet thread via Google.. lucky shot..

So... Either in the re enactment and reconstruction forum, or in the roman military history and achaeology thread....

best wishes! and thanx in advance for the effort!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Typology of helmets... CAV sports / higher officers... Anonymous 0 788 06-25-2004, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Anonymous