Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those fake rivet screws
anybody know where i can get these things? They give me five. Five with my deepeeka boss.
Not sure what this is: a screw made to look like a rivet? Easy enough to make one, but of course that presumes the tools.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Do you mean Coach bolts?

http://www.screwfix.com/c/screws-nails-f.../cat840088
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
Very easy to make with very little in the way of tools. Buy some round head solid brass machine screws. Find something solid, like a thick piece of steel plate, an old vise, etc. and drill a hole the size of the threaded part of the screw. Place the thread shaft into the hole flush with the back the of screw head. Now comes the fun part, start peening the screw head, constantly striking on different parts of the head. When you have been able to peen enough to hide the screw slot, you now have a screw that looks like a rivet. If you work it hot, it probably would go faster, but I didn't find it necessary to go to the trouble.
When I realized that I'd be taking parts of my galea apart often to be able to add accessories, etc., I decided to make a few of these myself and they came out fantastic. I did a little sanding and polishing for mine, but that's not even necessary.
Hope this will work for you, as it's very inexpensive and readily available in large numbers. The machine shops I showed them to thought they were regular rivets.
Manius Aillius Italicus
Bob
Manius Acilius Italicus
Do you mean Chicago screws? If so, you can get them from a leather-working shop (Tandy, et al) or even some local hardware stores (Ace).

Or online, https://www.chicagoscrews.com/Home-Page

-Michael
- Michael
If these are to use on an umbo coach bolts are very good and all you need is to file off the square section under the bolt head, you can even file down further to get rid of the bolt thread also then drilled at the point of the back of the shield a splitpins can be used to secure the umbo.
Brian Stobbs