Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gladiatrix?
Last weekend, while at a convention, I saw a Discovery Channel ad for a show called "Gladiatrix" coming up on Sunday. I was involved in other things and couldn't check it out or record it. Did anyone here see it? If so, was it any good? <p></p><i></i>
It looks like it will be broadcast several times over the next few weeks in the US. Looks they are making that assumption that the grave trinkets mean she was a gladiator.<br>
<br>
"The only known remains of a female gladiator provide crucial clues into the exotic world of the female warrior. Ancient Rome's fighting women challenge preconceptions about the life of a gladiator and the role of women in the ancient world."<br>
<br>
DSC Sep 8 2002<br>
9:00 PM Gladiatrix <br>
<br>
DSC Sep 9 2002<br>
1:00 AM Gladiatrix <br>
<br>
DSC Sep 12 2002<br>
10:00 PM Gladiatrix <br>
<br>
DSC Sep 13 2002<br>
1:00 AM Gladiatrix <br>
<br>
DSC Sep 14 2002<br>
2:00 PM Gladiatrix <br>
<br>
DSC Sep 21 2002<br>
6:00 PM<br>
<p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=richsc>RichSC</A> at: 9/5/02 8:53:19 pm<br></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
This programme was shown on Channel 4 in the UK. The evidence is... ahem! ... tenuous, to say the least. The whole phenomenon is a fine example of how archaeology has become press-release driven these days. The version shown here was also about half-an-hour too long IMO.<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there