Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The future of Roman military equipment studies
await developments here ! great idea 8) lol:
Hannibal ad portas ! Dave Bartlett . " War produces many stories of fiction , some of which are told until they are believed to be true." U S Grant
Hopefully something like this will also help bridge the gap between re-enactors and academia....

Legion: TBD
And if it doesn't, then a well applied Gladius certainly will.

:oops:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:Hopefully something like this will also help bridge the gap between re-enactors and academia....

Don't hold your breath. I've been trying since 1983 when I invited both to the first Roman military equipment seminar. Nevertheless, most learned archaeological societies have both within their ranks so the Association certainly has the potential to do it.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
It would be nice though...I've recently observed some of the gaps that are bridged by non-academics, but by ex-military and it makes me cringe. If we could somehow merge some of the European and N. American groups, I think we'd have a perfectly balanced reenactment group.

Quote:It would be nice though...I've recently observed some of the gaps that are bridged by non-academics, but by ex-military and it makes me cringe. If we could somehow merge some of the European and N. American groups, I think we'd have a perfectly balanced reenactment group.

What like?
We have military and ex in our group.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I don't want to get into specifics on a public forum...it's not my grenade pin to pull lol. I'll pm you.

8) Ho-kay!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
wow.... I read this notice just now and I'm very happy to know that!!!! Up to my opinon, JRMES was the best source of infortmations so I really was unhappy about its absence in past years. And more, would be absolutely great to can have out of print volumes in digital form; I have looked for n. 1 for a long long time but sadly without achievement.

I'm indeed interested.
Marco

Civis Romanus Optime Iure Sum
Excellent news indeed!
Markus Aurelius Montanvs
What we do in life Echoes in Eternity

Roman Artifacts
[Image: websitepic.jpg]
Hi,
And just to add to those news: the next ROMEC (ROMEC XVII) will take place 2010 in Croatia. You will find more infomations at her web site:
http://romec.ffzg.hr/en/index.html
Greetings, Eckhard
Eckhard Deschler-Erb
University of Zurich
When will the new idea happen?

count me in for a subscription!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:When will the new idea happen?

When it is ready. Launching a society like this is complex (you won't believe how long discussion of a constitution has taken) and has to be got right. Trust me, RAT will be the first to know when the time comes.

Quote:count me in for a subscription!

The boys with the baseball bats will be round to collect it Big Grin

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Oh no........ the Peisistrates gang again.......... still in business ey ? :lol: :lol:

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
This is indeed great- looking forward to it Mike!
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information A Sixth or Early Seventh Century Ad Iconography of Roman Military Equipment in Egypt Condottiero Magno 0 1,076 03-27-2019, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Condottiero Magno
  South Italian Military Equipment LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS 1 1,474 10-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Ross Cowan
  Roman military equipment in Croatia mcbishop 0 926 02-24-2013, 01:01 AM
Last Post: mcbishop