Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Peloponesian War Theory
Jeff,<br>
<br>
You mention my good old friend Temuchin (I did a 15-page paper on Genghis Kahn when I was in 10th grade, and ever after have come to the same conclusion that he's arguably the #1 commander in world history; incidently, I was surprised to discover back then that he was nearly always outnumbered, and that "horde" was a name for a specific military unit, not a mass of overwhelming #s.) And then you mention Alexander, saying that he's one of the all-time top 3. So, who's that # 2 or 3 (other than Alexander and Genghis, that is.)<br>
<br>
Hmm, I sense a great poll idea, here...<br>
<br>
Aaron <p></p><i></i>
Aaron,<br>
I would put Napoleon in his place as among the top three. Measuring quantifiably, the Ghengis Khan conquered more people and territory than Alexander or Napoleon. His conquest of Kwarzem was the culmination and the best example of his brilliant military achievements.<br>
Jeff <p></p><i></i>
I think you're right about that. Whenever someone gives me that old saw about how "every nation that has fallen has fallen from within"... I have 2 words for them: KWARZMIAN PERSIA. (After which I generally get a look that suggests that I just might be from from Mars...)<br>
<br>
Aaron. <p></p><i></i>
speaking about the best conquers there is a similar poll i posted a few days ago about the most significant events in world history. Not throwing down the talents of alexander or ghengis but I would say that caesar would rank as number one on that list, in a very close race. His work against the gauls was amazing. <p></p><i></i>