Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head\'s up... New Eagle on the wing
Seems a visit in my favourite book store is in order again.<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Adriatic pirates, you say? A topic dear to my heart and near to my brain.... (See [url=http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~dpd/roman_navy/illyrian.html" target="top]here[/url])<br>
Anything naval has got my interest up... I'm currently reading <em>Over the Wine-Dark Sea</em> by H.N. Turteltaub (the "historical" pseudonym of alternate-history novelist Harry Turtledove), about a pair of merchants from Rhodes ca. 310 BCE. It's quite entertaining thus far. <p></p><i></i>
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
As long as you don't make the fleets patrol the Mediterranean looking for pirates à la the British Navy in the 18th century, I'll be content. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Can someone please explain to me why I can't get all the books in the U.S.?<br>
<br>
So far I only have the first two and it's driving me insane!<br>
<br>
Thanks!<br>
<br>
p.s.- please keep writing Mr. Scarrow!! <p></p><i></i>
you can order them from Amazon in the UK, or WHSmith, using the internet and a creditcard. The US publication is behind for many books, including this series. <p></p><i></i>
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
I don't know the reasons for restricting publishing to one country or another anymore since it's so easy to purchase from abroad. I remember Lindsey Davis getting upset because I'd bought a book from Amazon.UK way inadvance of any US publication. But what's the difference from flying to London and buying it there? <p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
The delay is down to the fact that US publishers tend to want sales figures for book bought from UK publishers, or at least a completed publication to peruse. Which means that the earliest date they can then put their version of the book on the market is about nine months later. Once they buy a series this way it will always be a book or so behind the UK market. But the good news is that avid readers can always get up to speed by ordering from amazon.co.uk.... ignoring any spurious titles attributed to certain authors of course. <p></p><i></i>
Just finished the first one after reading the RAT comments--suffice it to say that I have just ordered all the others on Amazon UK- fantastic stuff. My wife also enjoyed it as well!<br>
<br>
Thanks for a great recommendation- I hadn't heard of the series before<br>
<br>
Paulus <p></p><i></i>