Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Santa comes to you with a special present
Santa this year has decided you have been very good. He is bringing you an authentic piece of ancient gear and an hour long conversation with the craftsman that made it.

So what is Santa bringing you?
Timothy Hanna
Parthian cataphract armor, including the horse armor, just because it is hard to find archeological pieces of thoses and they where some of first to use it so completely...

Could be amazed by all the knowledge of the craftman who did that thing before everyone else...

Just something funy : in all reconstitution world, if Santa gives you a real piece, it is possible everyone says : "it is not historical, we have no source for that !" Real piece doesn't mean there is source about it !

So think twice before asking Big Grin D
Proximus (Gregory Fleury)
The Baghdad Battery!
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
There was speculation on on program about this in Egypt, the cells being used to power lights! Confusedhock:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
An acquaintance of mine works in Mandaean archeology, and he does a lot of reserach with 'magic bowls' of the type the Baghdad battery was allegedly found together with. He has seen similar items used to store documents in the late Sassanian period. Which suggests the dating and analysis may be completely off.

It'd be a pity, but certainly not the first time.
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach