Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Period Stitching
At the moment there is a fair amount of talk about period stitching on an Autralian Yahoo mailing list.

Can any body tell me what are some period stitiching types used in the Ancient periods? Link on how to do these styles would also be appreciated.
Thanks
http://heatherrosejones.com/archaeologi ... index.html
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Johnny on the spot, Jim!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Andy, can you please pm me the yahoo group link?

ps, Mainz Gladius on its way. The madness has started!

Steve :twisted:
Hi, Steve, and welcome to the forum. Please read the forum rules, just for you info, and also please add your name to your signature, not just typing it in the body of the message.

Thanks, and don't hesitate to ask for helps if you need them; there are many folks who will point you in the right direction here.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
PM sent Steve
Quote:PM sent Steve
Me too Please Mate :mrgreen:
Hannibal ad portas ! Dave Bartlett . " War produces many stories of fiction , some of which are told until they are believed to be true." U S Grant
If you are talking about stitching to make pictures on a piece of cloth then this came up only in the Late Roman period if I'm not mistaken. That's why I decided to paint on the vexillum which I'm gonna make instead of stitching on it.
Quote:Hi, Steve, and welcome to the forum. Please read the forum rules, just for you info, and also please add your name to your signature, not just typing it in the body of the message.

Thanks Dave, but I can asssure you Steve H is not my pseudonym :wink:
Steve, I have been corrected. Since you have your real name in your profile as your user name, you don't have to put it in a signature, or have a signature line at all. Sorry if you were offended in any way, sir, that was assuredly not my intention.

Part of the reason for having a signature line is to help us weed out those pesky spammers that like to load up a forum with things we don't really want to see or know about. Obviously you're not one of those.

Again, my apologies. Cry
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Dave, no apology necessary- I have a hide thick enough to repel a fulham point. Confusedhock: Certainly no offence taken- Its all good.

Thanks for the reply though.

Steve

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Military Tunic - Stitching and weave help Tim Edwards 11 2,441 11-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Tim Edwards