Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Univ of Zagreb: legionary fortress at Tilurium
Dear Sirs,<br>
I would like to propose to You to add our Department of Archaeology in Zagreb on your list of Who's Who in Roman Military Studies.<br>
I am prof. Mirjana Sanader PhD, chearlady of this Departemnt on the Facolty of Philosophy - University of Zagreb.<br>
<br>
Our adress:<br>
Odsjek za arheologiju<br>
Filozofskog fakulteta u Zagrebu<br>
I. Lu?i?a 3<br>
10 000 ZAGREB<br>
CROATIA<br>
tel. 00385/1/6120126<br>
fax. 00385/1/6120237<br>
[email protected] <br>
<br>
For years we are studieng the architecture of Roman military fortresess. One of our most interesting archeological researches is Roman legionary fortress Tilurium (near the town of Split) which was situated in Roman Province of Dalmatia. We are conducting verry succesfully the archeological excavations at Tilurium since 1996. Further sites of the Roman military which are of our interest are those situated on the Croatian part of the Danube limes. I and my associates published many textes on those themes.<br>
About this as well as other ours projects you can collect informations on the Web sites: www.ffzg.hr/arheo/provincijalna<br>
We would appreciate verry much you listing us in Who is Who in Roman military studies.<br>
Best regards<br>
prof. Mirjana Sanader PhD <p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Dear professor Sanader,<br>
is [email protected] indeed your email addres? I tried to send you a message but it bounced.<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
drs. Robert M. Vermaat <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Here's the address from the email:<br>
<br>
[email protected] <p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Strange marks near Legionary fortress - anyone seen something similar? Luka Bruketa 9 1,990 03-18-2018, 01:57 AM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  Roman and other ancient stuff from Zagreb Luka Borščak 3 1,480 05-19-2014, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  Troesmis legionary fortress mcbishop 3 1,299 03-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Nathan Ross