RomanArmyTalk
romanarmy.com as a host for your group? - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: romanarmy.com as a host for your group? (/showthread.php?tid=9937)

Pages: 1 2 3

romanarmy.com as a host for your group? - Nerva - 07-18-2007

OK, probably in the wrong place but here goes anyway. What do people think about having romanarmy.com host subdomains. Example, we - the irish romans - could have our own dedicated sub domain on romanarmy.com and so on.

We'd still have to pay Jasper for space etc. but at least a lot of us would be in one handy location and easily accessible from the one site.

Just a thought...

Re: romanarmy.com as a host for your group? - Praefectusclassis - 07-18-2007

Quote:We'd still have to pay Jasper for space etc.
For clarification, the cost would likely be minimal, a couple dollars/year.

Re: romanarmy.com as a host for your group? - Aurelianus - 07-18-2007

I would really like to do that! One subdomain for me please Big Grin

Re: romanarmy.com as a host for your group? - Marcus Hortensius Castus - 07-18-2007

I would REALLY like that. Right now, I have a myspace account for my ancient history camp program I'm starting up, and it's not very viable. I have one member of RAT as a "friend" there, but the networking for this sort of thing is really poor on myspace. There is no way of promoting the program outside the people on your friends list, whereas here when you type in "Roman Army" or anything having to do with it in google, this site or one of it's threads comes up.

Re: romanarmy.com as a host for your group? - Magnus - 07-19-2007

I may be interested in it as well Jasper.

But would this be actual website hosting, or some kind of private forum for said groups?

Re: romanarmy.com as a host for your group? - caiusbeerquitius - 07-19-2007

Me too, for the familia gladiatoria raetica. Smile

Re: romanarmy.com as a host for your group? - Praefectusclassis - 07-19-2007

Matt, it'd be a subdomain where you can do whatever (within reason), like legioxyz.romanarmy.com.
The only criteria I'd apply are whether you are a serious reenactment group, that you are a non-commercial venture and prolly some kind of small graphic that says 'hosted by Romanarmy.com'.

Re: romanarmy.com as a host for your group? - Magnus - 07-19-2007

Ok...that may work out great for me then Jasper. I'll let you know details when I've got my new site finished.

Subdomian on RAT - Servius Rustius Noricus - 07-20-2007

Salve
If you plan to do this, I'd like to have our page hosted on RAT.
What do we have to do, and when do we do it.

Re: romanarmy.com as a host for your group? - Praefectusclassis - 07-21-2007

Hmmm, that makes five, a good start. I'll look into how to best go about this. Should be easy.
The important thing for me to know is
- 1) what name would you like to use?
- 2) how much space (in Mb) do you need?
- 3) do you need anything more advanced (including databases)?

Re: romanarmy.com as a host for your group? - Tarbicus - 10-31-2007

What about personal blogs? Ramblings, comments, general musing and ranting about them ancients, but on a more individual level where a member doesn't have to hog thread space?

Re: romanarmy.com as a host for your group? - Praefectusclassis - 10-31-2007

Hi Jim,
That could, in my warped mind, be part of the RAT/Ra.com v3, but sure, separate blogs could be hosted too, as long as they fit the subject matter.

Re: romanarmy.com as a host for your group? - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 10-31-2007

Hello

Probably Legio Prima germanica will be interested, in order to put some more information about our activities.

Re: romanarmy.com as a host for your group? - Marcus Caecilius Avitus - 11-01-2007

Jasper,

I've been meaning to respond for a while. Deva Victrix would like to have site/subdomain. Not sure about size(Mb) could we suggest something moderate and increase later as required?

Re: romanarmy.com as a host for your group? - Praefectusclassis - 11-02-2007

Matt and I will come up with a couple of packages so you can size up later. Feel free to suggest something Big Grin