RomanArmyTalk
BBC Robin Hood? - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: BBC Robin Hood? (/showthread.php?tid=9726)

Pages: 1 2

BBC Robin Hood? - Ironhand - 06-21-2007

I was in a store the other day and they had the box set. Never saw an episode. Any good?

Sentence fragments excused? Confusedhock: :oops: Big Grin

Re: BBC Robin Hood? - Chuck Russell - 06-21-2007

ah dude it sucks MAJOR.

wait this is the new robin hood right? not the old ones?

Re: BBC Robin Hood? - Ironhand - 06-21-2007

It might have some promise if no Kevin Costner or Canadian singers. Damn you Bryan Adams!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Re: BBC Robin Hood? - Robert Vermaat - 06-21-2007

Oh no Derek, this is WAY beyond Kostner et al.
This is 'Robin Hood, Men in Sleeveless Tshirts and Other Modern Fashion Attire' (more below).
This is 'Robin Hood, Men and Somehow Emancipated Muslim Women Who Disguise Themselves As Men'.
Quote:(The fact is, Djaq is an incredible woman, and an even more incredible man. She's a talented scientist. The tricks she picked up from her physician father, combined with the knowledge she brings of both Saracen science and medicine, adds another string to the gang's bow.)

This is NOT Sparta.

This is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My favorite, btw, is the TV series 'Robin of Sherwood'.

Men in Modern Designer Leather Jackets:
[Image: _42064954_gisborne203.jpg]

Men in Sleeveless Tshirts:
[Image: robin230906_465x700.jpg]

Re: BBC Robin Hood? - Salvianus - 06-21-2007

For my selection of plastic armour and donkey jackets, see:

Robin of the Hoodies

Don't get me started about the laycra clad ninja dancing girls Confusedhock:

Re: BBC Robin Hood? - Chuck Russell - 06-21-2007

ya thats why i asked which one it was. i remember the old robin of sherwoods. they rocked. a lil less though with jason conally hehehe

Re: BBC Robin Hood? - Memmia - 06-21-2007

Historically correct- who cares ? The series starred Richard Armitage wearing (very) tight leather trousers! That's OK by me.

Re: BBC Robin Hood? - Primvs Pavlvs - 06-21-2007

These guys look like they are very "Merry"!

Re: BBC Robin Hood? - Ironhand - 06-21-2007

I was referring to the 2006 tv series. They've had better parodies of Robin Hood than actual movies (i.e. Robin Hood Men in Tights).

Re: BBC Robin Hood? - Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs - 06-21-2007

It seems they've done for Robin Hood what they did to Hercules a few years ago.

Re: BBC Robin Hood? - Robert Vermaat - 06-21-2007

Quote:Historically correct- who cares ? The series starred Richard Armitage wearing (very) tight leather trousers! That's OK by me.
You girlz are sooooo easy to please. :wink:

Quote:It seems they've done for Robin Hood what they did to Hercules a few years ago.
Yes, they Xena-ed him! :evil:

Re: BBC Robin Hood? - Carus Andiae - 06-21-2007

If you like drinking games where you have a drink every time you spot a mistake, be prepared to get very, very drunk if you watch Robin Hood. There was a great little argument over gunpowder in one episode (yup, Djaq has gunpowder, not an idea stolen from 'Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves at all Smile ). They refer to it in the episode as 'Greek Fire', and she protests that it's prejudice against Muslims because really they invented it (yup, it's excessively PC as regards the Crusades, too, not to mention attempting in a spectacularly clumsy manner to draw parallels with the war in Iraq).

So, in one simple statement we get a whole host of errors:

- Greek fire is not gunpowder.
- Greek fire was invented by the Greeks, or at least the Byzantine Romans who had delusions of Greekness.
- Gunpowder was invented by the Chinese, anyway.

What fun!

On top of that, Jonas Armstrong (Robin) is as charismatic as a tree, and at least in the earlier episodes about as wooden.

Re: BBC Robin Hood? - Ironhand - 06-22-2007

Doesn't sound very good, though the idea of the drinking game sounds pretty good. If only I would have done that with Pathfinder, every time I saw something that pissed me off I could have tolerated it by getting truly "pissed" and wouldn't have cared at all. Maybe thats the secret to watching these shows. Anyone want to buy a couple of bottles of Jack and watch a Knight's Tale? Confusedhock: Big Grin

Re: BBC Robin Hood? - taira1180 - 06-22-2007

I remember seeing 10 years ago Xena and The new adventures of Robin Wood, and even Xena had less fantasy (and i'm including the dinars as a greek coin in Xena!).

Re: BBC Robin Hood? - Athena Areias - 06-22-2007

I've got to give the Herc and Xena series credit for getting me back to the "Classics". I watched episodes and would think, "That's not right!" However, I couldn't remember what WAS right! Back to Homer, back to the Greek playwrights, back to mythology for me. And here I am, still figuring out what might have really been...