RomanArmyTalk
Romans in Louisana and east Texas - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Romans in Louisana and east Texas (/showthread.php?tid=9545)

Pages: 1 2

Romans in Louisana and east Texas - AB Hammer - 05-29-2007

Greetings I am AB Hammer but as a Roman I am Aulus Barrius Ferrarius.

I will be moved to La. in early June, and am looking for Romans to start gettings to know. I am an armourer of 22 years but am new to the Roman reinactment seen. But I feel that my skills will be of good use.

I am looking forward to the changes

Re: Romans in Louisana and east Texas - M. Demetrius - 05-29-2007

Welcome to the South. Where are you moving from?

There are Romans in Dallas, Ft. Worth, Austin, Victoria, Houston, Cypress, and San Antonio. Probably some others that I don't know. But none of those places are particularly East except maybe for Cypress and Houston.

San Antonio? - richsc - 05-30-2007

I was in San Antonio the previous weekend, and talked with the store next to the Alamo that sells military figurines, including a lot of Legio XX Romans (I bought the signifer). The owners were interested in starting doing Roman: is there an existing contact in SA?

Re: Romans in Louisana and east Texas - M. Demetrius - 05-30-2007

There is a Leg VIII Avg in San Antonio. Contact info on the Leg XX groups page.

Re: Romans in Louisana and east Texas - Aedinius - 06-01-2007

I am slowly getting more roman stuff together. Even though I do alot of SCA i would be interested in Roman reinactment as well. Welcome to the south and the forums Big Grin

Re: Romans in Louisana and east Texas - Robert Vermaat - 06-02-2007

Jason,

Please enter your real name into your signature. It's a forum rule.

Re: Romans in Louisana and east Texas - Aedinius - 06-03-2007

Like this?

Re: Romans in Louisana and east Texas - Robert Vermaat - 06-03-2007

You may not have activated your signature.

Re: Romans in Louisana and east Texas - Aedinius - 06-03-2007

Well, I hope it is working now.

Re: Romans in Louisana and east Texas - Robert Vermaat - 06-03-2007

Perfect.

Re: Romans in Louisana and east Texas - Marcus Mummius - 06-03-2007

Quote:Greetings I am AB Hammer but as a Roman I am Aulus Barrius Ferrarius.

I will be moved to La. in early June, and am looking for Romans to start gettings to know. I am an armourer of 22 years but am new to the Roman reinactment seen. But I feel that my skills will be of good use.

I am looking forward to the changes

Salve,

Did you make the musculata in the picture you are using in your avatar?

I've seen a lot of pictures of that the owner posted in a yahoo-group discussing the Praetorian guard and high officers... It's one of the best I've ever seen.

Re: Romans in Louisana and east Texas - AB Hammer - 06-04-2007

Marcus Mummius

Yes I did but, the leather work and atachments were done by JD the owner. I am working on several designs of roman armour to make them as period as possible from the smiths point of view.

Re: Romans in Louisana and east Texas - Marcus Mummius - 06-07-2007

Quote:Marcus Mummius

Yes I did but, the leather work and atachments were done by JD the owner. I am working on several designs of roman armour to make them as period as possible from the smiths point of view.

Very nice work!

Legio III in New Orleans - richsc - 06-07-2007

Legio III in New Orleans actually got me started in reenacting: one of their group works in my agency and he pointed me to Matt Amt. However, they have I believe disbanded due to loss of venue, and more recently several had severe damage in Katrina, probably losing most of their equipment as well. If anyone can look them up it would be good to find out how they're doing.

Re: Romans in Louisana and east Texas - AB Hammer - 06-22-2007

I am now in La. Tired, sore, but gettings things together.

Aulus Barrius Ferrarius