RomanArmyTalk
Ludi Veleienses 2006 - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Events (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Ludi Veleienses 2006 (/showthread.php?tid=6896)

Pages: 1 2

Ludi Veleienses 2006 - aitor iriarte - 09-20-2006

On last week-end we had our fifth 'Ludi Veleienses'. Lots of public and much fun, in spite of a rainy and cold Saturday :roll:

Besides the host group, 'Cohors Prima Gallica', The British 'Roma Antiqua', Belgian 'Corpus Equitum Legionis X Equestris' and Spanish 'IV Macedonica/Jano' and 'Septimani Seniores' were invited.

Pics can be seen on Iruña/Veleia website
Only in Spanish :oops: but hit 'Ludi Veleienses 2006'

My apologies to everybody for disappearing from RAT for such a long time :oops: I'll be back soon! :wink:

Aitor

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2006 - Robert Vermaat - 09-20-2006

Quote:Besides the host group, 'Cohors Prima Gallica', The British 'Roma Antiqua', Belgian 'Corpus Equitum Legionis X Equestris' and Spanish 'IV Macedonica/Jano' and 'Septimani Seniores' were invited.

Ouch! It must have been very bad to see you despair thus... Big Grin
[url:3j8naq0e]http://www.veleia.com/images/galerias/galeria_007/008.jpg[/url]

Despair - aitor iriarte - 09-20-2006

Oh, that was when the public was asking for a second gladiator to be killed, while my agreement with the lanista only covered one! Tongue
(For those not acquainted with gladiatorial games, the organizer had to pay extra money for each gladiator killed... :roll: )

Aitor

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2006 - FAVENTIANVS - 09-20-2006

Roma Antiqua also painted their shields like Cohors prima?

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2006 - aitor iriarte - 09-21-2006

Yes Ivan, they made shields with our blazon to match ours during the Festival parade. Our friends from 'Roma Antiqua' are really nice and cooperative fellows! Big Grin

Aitor

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2006 - Jeroen Pelgrom - 09-21-2006

Quote:My apologies to everybody for disappearing from RAT for suc a long time I'll be back soon!

i was starting to get a bit worried! Glad to see you again.

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2006 - GALLA PLACIDIA - 10-04-2006

Hi Aitor!!!!!!
How are you!!! I hope well!!!
How many people are present in the festival? more people than the last year, isn't it?

Congratulations!!!

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2006 - aitor iriarte - 10-17-2006

Ooops, it seems that I was nearly disappearing again... :oops:
Jeroen, many thanks! Big Grin roll:
Carme, many thanks too! It was a big success. More than 1,000 people on Saturday, in spite of the rain and more than 5,000 (probably as much as 6,000 Confusedhock: ) on sunny Sunday! Big Grin
In spite of that, the future of Cohors Prima Gallica is far from being clear. The enthusiam of early years seems to be vanished now... Cry

Aitor

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2006 - TITVS SABATINVS AQVILIVS - 10-17-2006

That's sad...Do you know why, Aitor? Sad Knowing the reasons of the exhaustion of the enthusiasm in the groups could help to avoid it...

Vale,

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2006 - GALLA PLACIDIA - 10-17-2006

I suppose that for pressures foreign to the group: work, politics, etc....
I am glad much that at least the festival has life great!!!!!! A lot of congratulations Aitor, I am glad very much for you!!!!!!!

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2006 - aitor iriarte - 10-18-2006

Carme, Daniele,

Our group is a very special one, integrated by bosses and employees of a small firm. Mixing work and hobby is problematic until a extent is reached where fun isn't funny anymore... Sad ?

The 'Ludi Veleienses' Roman festival is not directly connected to Cohors I Gallica and, therefore, it can be a long-lived and successful one, irrespective of we shall endure or fall into oblivion.

BTW, Daniele, a very nice 'Vergilius Romanus' crest, I love it! 8)

Aitor

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2006 - Graham Sumner - 10-18-2006

Aitor wrote:

Quote:Our group is a very special one, integrated by bosses and employees of a small firm. Mixing work and hobby is problematic until a extent is reached where fun isn't funny anymore... Let's see what future brings!

The 'Ludi Veleienses' Roman festival is not directly connected to Cohors I Gallica and, therefore, it can be a long-lived and successful one, irrespective of we shall endure or fall into oblivion.

Aitor I hope your group stays together. Every time I have seen them they have always been very smartly turned out.

Perhaps you should remind them they signed on for twenty years and what the penalty for desertion is! Big Grin

In any case I hope to see your group again in the future.

Graham.

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2006 - GALLA PLACIDIA - 10-18-2006

Quote:In any case I hope to see your group again in the future.
Graham.

I hope too!!! next year in Tarraco Viva!!! Big Grin

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2006 - aitor iriarte - 10-18-2006

Thanks to everybody!! Big Grin

Damien, Daniele, I've moved the section devoted to late helmet crests to Roman Military History & Archaeology. We shall continue discussing the topic there! :wink:
link from old RAT

Aitor

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2006 - GALLA PLACIDIA - 10-31-2006

Aitor, do you have some projects for 2007???