RomanArmyTalk
International Ancient Greek Festival 2007/2008 - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Events (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: International Ancient Greek Festival 2007/2008 (/showthread.php?tid=6613)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

International Ancient Greek Festival 2007/2008 - Anonymous - 08-24-2006

Here we go again! If you want to travel to different countries, meet other re-enactors and kill them, sign up here.

I am planning another gathering for international loonies who spend all their time and wealth acquiring Ancient Greek Armour, in 2007. I'm negotiating with possible venues, possibly in the vicinity of historic and beautiful Cambridge. If you want to come, register here.

Phil Reaney, in Texas, is working hard to get the Nashville Parthenon to host an event, probably in 2008 ( "Isles of the utmost West, Ye that have waited long, Unvisited, unblessed, Break forth to swelling song!"). He needs some good pictures to put together a "sales portfolio". If you would like to participate, send him your best images. [email protected]

Finally, please tell everyone you know about it - don't assume they read these pages!

Re: International Ancient Greek Festival 2007/2008 - hoplite14gr - 08-24-2006

OK I will sent him a few!
Kind regards

Re: International Ancient Greek Festival 2007/2008 - Arthes - 08-24-2006

Register me as interested...of course... :wink:

Re: International Ancient Greek Festival 2007/2008 - Susanne - 08-24-2006

*Signs up*

Pst... Paul, just sticky the thread, or make it a global announcement. You got da powah. Wink

Re: International Ancient Greek Festival 2007/2008 - Gaius Decius Aquilius - 08-25-2006

Quote:Here we go again! If you want to travel to different countries, meet other re-enactors and kill them, sign up here.

Phil Reaney, in Texas, is working hard to get the Nashville Parthenon to host an event, probably in 2008.

Will definitly do the 2008 event... Even my wife said she will come. (Who can turn down the chance to "travel to different countries, meet other re-enactors and kill them".) I will send some pics to Phil when I have some to send. Everything is on order, of course.

LYKAON
(Ralph Izard)

Re: International Ancient Greek Festival 2007/2008 - spyros - 08-25-2006

Count me in also Big Grin
I will have something ready by then. I will be propably a skeuophoros, is a dirty job but someone has to do it Sad

Re: International Ancient Greek Festival 2007/2008 - Kallimachos - 08-25-2006

I am in for 2007 in Cambridge. There are more interested folks from our group, as far as I know yet. I'll let you know how many from us will come.

Re: International Ancient Greek Festival 2007/2008 - Anonymous - 08-26-2006

Thanks for your responses. Please state clearly which event(s) you're interested in. Spyros, do you mean Nashville, Cambridge, or both? Kallimachos, thanks for making it clear.

Re: International Ancient Greek Festival 2007/2008 - hoplite14gr - 08-26-2006

Nashvill 2008 seem more accessible to me.
2007 Cambridge.... well it depends on events in Crete but it is an option.
Kind regards

Re: International Ancient Greek Festival 2007/2008 - spyros - 08-28-2006

Quote:Thanks for your responses. Please state clearly which event(s) you're interested in. Spyros, do you mean Nashville, Cambridge, or both? Kallimachos, thanks for making it clear.

Well for now I can say 2007 for sure. Nashvile, I don't know. I would really like to come, we will see.

Re: International Ancient Greek Festival 2007/2008 - Gaius Decius Aquilius - 08-29-2006

Quote:Nashvill 2008 seem more accessible to me.
2007 Cambridge.... well it depends on events in Crete but it is an option.
Kind regards

Events in Crete?...

And Nashville will be the one I know I can make. The first round is on me...

It has occurred to me that any difficulties in having the event in Nashville can be resolved by pointing out the (actual, sort of...) physical similarity between Elvis Presley and Alexander the Great. Both also referred to as "The King". No one in Nashville would dare stop what may be the beginning of the next incarnation. Just tell them "Viva Las Vegas" was an original Peloponnesian marching song, only "The King" did it better.

LYKAON
(Ralph Izard)

Re: International Ancient Greek Festival 2007/2008 - hoplite14gr - 09-01-2006

Well bloodymindness carried me all the way to Watford.
I guess a greater dose of bloodymindness will get me to Nashvill.
After all the idea of the phlanx is push push push and if it fails push again.
Now that I think of it: EUROPA MILITARIA who did Ancient Romans and Vikings recreate in coloured photos books.
I say...wouldn´t they like to recreate hoplites?

Kind regards

Detail - Craig Gascoigne - 09-02-2006

Please Send me all the details and I try and have some of the Sydney Ancients attend

Re: International Ancient Greek Festival 2007/2008 - paulhadley - 09-25-2006

I will try to make it to cambridge 2007 transport willing

Re: International Ancient Greek Festival 2007/2008 - Marcus Germanicus Ferox - 09-26-2006

Hi Paul

Kelly and I will be there obviuosly dependant on Hoplite Association dates for next year and our wedding next summer.

If the same time as last year no problemo!!

Mark.