RomanArmyTalk
World Cup - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: World Cup (/showthread.php?tid=5824)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Re: World Cup - Peroni - 06-30-2006

Quote:Hehe, you were wrong on that.

I most certainly was! :?

The German Goalkeeper was magnificent!

and what was all the fighting at the end? Poor losers I guess! :wink:

Arthes wrote...
Quote:It's Gnasher.......
http://www.paulmorris.co.uk/beano/strip ... er1968.jpg

Spot on! A man after my own comic heart! (i still have my wobbly-eyed Gnasher badge somewhere!)

Re: World Cup - Atrectus - 06-30-2006

Quote: The German Goalkeeper was magnificent!

Yes. And he justified all those who's better, Jens Lehmann or Oliver Kahn, squabbles before the WC.

Quote:and what was all the fighting at the end? Poor losers I guess! :wink:

Looks like that. One of the Argentinian guys kicked a German against the leg, and another one hit another German over the head, and things got ugly. It's a pity, really. Argentina did play well, they could have left the tournament heads high, but with actions like that they just look bad.

And there we were worried about some of the fans. :wink:

FIGHT!! - Lepidina - 06-30-2006

There were about to be some flights on the pitch during the game as well. I thought the ref kept a pretty good handle on things even tho' he missed some really obvious fouls.

Re: World Cup - Tarbicus - 07-01-2006

[size=200:3oqpsyyy]WANTED![/size]

[Image: hs1422407_1.jpg]

Young temperamental prat.

If you see this man, give him a good kick on the backside.

Plonker!

Plonker - Lepidina - 07-01-2006

Agreed.

I'll volunteer to nurse Becks back to health tho'. Wink

Re: World Cup - Tarbicus - 07-01-2006

Also wanted: Big Portugeuse cry baby.

[Image: 02-ronaldo-crying.jpg]

It's gonna be interesting in the Man Utd dressing room when those two meet again. Something like this I imagine, but not quite so friendly looking.

[Image: CristianoNT_.jpg]

:wink:

Re: World Cup - Robert Vermaat - 07-01-2006

Jim, my condolances..

What Is the World Cup? - Primitivus - 07-01-2006

Just kidding... many Americans are now avid fans of what the rest of the world calls "football." Smile

Re: World Cup - tlclark - 07-02-2006

Quote:Jim, my condolances..

So just when I discover my heritage as a Scouser the Scouser lets us down.

Seems somehow appropriate.

I take today as evidence that there is a God, and he just may be French!! God save us!!

Travis

Re: World Cup - Atrectus - 07-02-2006

Quote: .

I take today as evidence that there is a God, and he just may be French!! God save us!!

Travis

Well, I hope he turns out to be German. Big Grin

Re: World Cup - Lepidina - 07-02-2006

No no, the Pope is German. God is Argentinian. Wink

Re: World Cup - Tarbicus - 07-02-2006

Quote:So just when I discover my heritage as a Scouser the Scouser lets us down.

Seems somehow appropriate.

But Travis, you don't understand, it's an evil influence being exerted over England by a certain team. Out of the three sendings off England have had at this stage of any World Cup final, TWO of them have been Man Utd players (Beckham, 1998, lashed out at another player post-tangle, where we also took Argentina to penalties and lost).

Coincidence? There's no such thing :? Voodoo, some kind of magic going on. And the same referee sent off Beckham a while back when Man Utd were playing against a Mexican side.

Did anyone see that little headbutt Ronaldo gave Rooney, I think even before the match started and not a friendly one at that? Ronaldo's dog meat soon, no doubt he'll get his mum to go into the changing room first.

Re: World Cup - tlclark - 07-02-2006

Gabriele,

Well we've had the first German pope since the Ottonians!! So maybe so!

Travis

Re: World Cup - Atrectus - 07-02-2006

Quote:No no, the Pope is German. God is Argentinian. Wink

Well, according to the Argentinians, God had his hand in that Maradona goal back then. :wink:

Dear Sir Above, playing the ball with the hand is against the rules, and using your invisibility cloak is unfair. You'll end up in hell if you continue like that. Big Grin

Re: World Cup - Robert Vermaat - 07-04-2006

ROMANS 2 - GERMANS 0
I guess there's not going to be a home victory for germany after all...
Too bad, really, I started believing that the fairytale might come true!