RomanArmyTalk
German & English speakers - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Romanarmy.com Projects (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: German & English speakers (/showthread.php?tid=502)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: German Reader - Praefectusclassis - 12-28-2003

Hi Uwe,<br>
Will do, it´s just that flu, work, moving house and all is taking a lot of my time. Some legion will be on its way in the future! <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>

flu and II Italica - Flavius Promotus - 12-29-2003

Japser, get well soon !<br>
<br>
II Italica has been sent and is looking for a proofreader<br>
<br>
And happy new year to all of you.<br>
<br>
Greetings,<br>
Flavius Promotus <p></p><i></i>

Re: flu and II Italica - Jeroen Pelgrom - 01-05-2004

good to see that the number of translators is increasing!<br>
<br>
What is the status so far? (my translation of III Cyrenaica is almost done). When i look at RA.com i see no updates on Ritterling, even my previous 7 translations.... (were they THAT bad... ) <p>Volo anaticulam cumminosam meam!</p><i></i>

Re: flu and II Italica - Praefectusclassis - 01-05-2004

Uhmmm, basically it's the spellcheckers that are a bit slow now. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>

Translation of Ritterlings legio - Uwe Bahr - 01-10-2004

Hi Jasper,<br>
<br>
I only wanted to examine my icon - thanks for your advice. I hope the motive does not offend against any from your rules (icons for tirones)?<br>
<br>
By the way, where remains my legion?<br>
<br>
Ave, Uwe. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=uwebahr>Uwe Bahr</A> at: 1/10/04 8:02 pm<br></i>

Re: Translation of Ritterlings legio - Praefectusclassis - 01-10-2004

Hi Uwe,<br>
I've got a bit of a backlog with the Ritterling thing now. It'll get to you sometime. Life gets in the way, that's all. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>

translation - Anonymous - 05-21-2004

Hi. Just saw this. I'm Austrian and I study English and Translation at uni. So if you still have something left for me to translate just contact me. <p></p><i></i>

Re: translation - Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus - 05-26-2004

I know you probably don't need any more proofreaders, but I am a native speaker of it and also study english as a part of my major along with history, so if you need some additional help i would be willing. <p></p><i></i>

Re: translation - Anonymous - 05-28-2004

If anyone needs anything translating from American English into British English I am your man<br>
<br>
I can do regional dialects too;<br>
<br>
"weez at dewer ??"<br>
<br>
" Thes bloody Roomans ... ah telt em the'l get nowt an ter gan yem !"<br>
<br>
"Ahs thee gan ?"<br>
<br>
" Nah , thes burnin th'ouse !!"<br>
<br>
Conal<br>
<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>

Re: translation - Praefectusclassis - 09-22-2004

Yup, I need more proofreaders again. If you want to help out, please send me a message on JasperATromanarmy.com. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>

Re: translation - Caius Fabius - 09-23-2004

Jasper,<br>
I can assist with proof reading in English. What format are you using? It is probably in the previous posts, I will try and go back and look.<br>
<br>
I am having problems with German language. I am trying to translate/read Todleben's Defense of Sevastopol, in 1860's German. I am running into words that are not in my dictionaries, or which seem to have changed meanings..... Anyone interested in helping me understand 1860's German? <p></p><i></i>

Re: translation - Praefectusclassis - 09-24-2004

Hi Caius,<br>
They are simple Word files, but if that's a problem, I'm sure I can convert them to something that would work for you. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>

Re: translation - Jeroen Pelgrom - 09-24-2004

Caius,<br>
<br>
what German words are you talking about?<br>
perhaps i can help. <p>-------------------------------------------------------<br>
A great flame follows a little spark.<br>
Dante Alighieri,The Divine Comedy<br>
</p><i></i>

Re: translation - Caius Fabius - 09-26-2004

Jasper, "word" is fine with me. I'll be back at my home computer in a couple of days, and I can start proofing whatever you want. I'll give you a private email address that will allow large files.<br>
<br>
I'll also have a list of puzzling German terms, which may be interesting, or may just be very simple, (for anyone other than myself!!!) <p></p><i></i>

Translate - L. Aufidius Pantera - 05-04-2005

Being of dual nationality and bilingual, I'd be happy to translate a bit of Ritterling or proofread whatever you have... even though it might take a little time as I'm on quite a hectic schedule at the mo!

What legions are still up for grabs? Any exciting ones? If the III Augusta is still around I'd happily do it...

Lucius