RomanArmyTalk
Roman Army Talk / romanarmy.com Conference - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Romanarmy.com Projects (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Roman Army Talk / romanarmy.com Conference (/showthread.php?tid=4933)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Roman Army Talk / romanarmy.com Conference - caiusbeerquitius - 03-10-2006

O.K.:
Here's a link to the Roman Museum Augsburg.
Hereare Hotels in Augsburg.
I recommend Hotel Am Rathaus, Altstadthotel Ulrich, Dom Hotel, Romantikhotel Augsburger Hof (!).

Re: Roman Army Talk / romanarmy.com Conference - Praefectusclassis - 03-10-2006

Christian, do you think it's possible to get better rates if we book all at once at one hotel?

Re: Roman Army Talk / romanarmy.com Conference - satsobek - 03-10-2006

I want to know who the two people are who voted that they're hungry! Tongue
Maybe we should have a RAT bake sale. :wink:

Re: Roman Army Talk / romanarmy.com Conference - caiusbeerquitius - 03-10-2006

Quote: want to know who the two people are who voted that they're hungry!
I did. Tongue
Quote:Christian, do you think it's possible to get better rates if we book all at once at one hotel?

Yes, that is very probable. If we have chosen a hotel, I can check.

Re: Roman Army Talk / romanarmy.com Conference - aitor iriarte - 03-11-2006

Fantastic plan.. but not for me this year, I'm afraid! Cry
I am currently experiencing a persistent lack of time and money and, with the Meijel Conference I've shot my bolt this year.
At least it will be great to read the proceedings!

Aitor

Re: Roman Army Talk / romanarmy.com Conference - Medusa Gladiatrix - 03-11-2006

I, too think it's a good idea. As for a date I would consider something in November because during the season I already have enough dates where to go to with my group and in September/October I'm on vacation and to a wedding overseas.

Re: Roman Army Talk / romanarmy.com Conference - Martin Moser - 03-13-2006

I'd try and come ...

Re: Roman Army Talk / romanarmy.com Conference - caiusbeerquitius - 03-19-2006

Hey y'all!
I open a new thread for the hotel choice, with a poll, where you can choose which one might be the best.

Re: Roman Army Talk / romanarmy.com Conference - Atrectus - 04-09-2006

If there's a few Euro left after I return from chasing Roman sites all over Britannia in September, I'll be glad to come.

I'm not sure about a lecture - if something suitable pops up during my research for my novel projects (yes, it's a damn trilogy by now :wink: ), I could do one.

Oh, and of course I'm hungry. Big Grin

when and where? - Caius Fabius - 05-15-2006

I have to get permission from my commander and save some money, especially with the declining dollar.
I was trying to find the date, and nearest international airport there, with connections to any of the airports close to me.

On the other hand, it would be a fun escape for a couple of days. I am always hungry.

Re: Roman Army Talk / romanarmy.com Conference - Praefectusclassis - 05-16-2006

Frankfurt is probably the biggest nearby hub. I'm not sure Munich is extra-EU international.

Re: when and where? - Martin Moser - 05-16-2006

Quote:I was trying to find the date, and nearest international airport there, with connections to any of the airports close to me.

Although Frankfurt is bigger Munich also has a lot of international flights coming in, especially from the US it should be no problem. Munich is a lot closer to Augsburg than Frankfurt ...

Re: Roman Army Talk / romanarmy.com Conference - Praefectusclassis - 05-16-2006

Thanks for the correction Martin. It would be great to see you there Caius!

Re: Roman Army Talk / romanarmy.com Conference - caiusbeerquitius - 05-16-2006

Indeed! Come over!

Re: Roman Army Talk / romanarmy.com Conference - Crispvs - 05-16-2006

I suspect now that much as I would like to, I will not be able to attend a conference this year. My commander (on a domestic level at any rate) is due to give birth to our first in October. Big Grin roll:

Crispvs