RomanArmyTalk
Romanarmy.com was offline! Now what happens? - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Rules and Announcements (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Romanarmy.com was offline! Now what happens? (/showthread.php?tid=4904)

Pages: 1 2 3

Romanarmy.com was offline! Now what happens? - Praefectusclassis - 03-05-2006

Although I do appreciate that a host can be forced to take a site offline for a few hours or even days for structural maintenance - after all 99% uptime still means up to 3.6 days per year offline - the events of the last few days have made me decide to find another host for Romanarmy.com. Moreover, we were pushing the space limits and were already way over the traffic limit. In short, we'll be moving. This will mean that in the near future the site will be offline for an hour or so (but you'll see the message 'This board has been disabled by the administrator') after which it will be up at the new host. I expect that Romanarmy.com will then have to make do with an ugly url for a few days until the domain name is transferred as well. You WILL be able to use RAT during that time and if you go to this url, you'll simply be redirected.

Re: Romanarmy.com was offline! Now what happens? - Salvianus - 03-05-2006

Cheers Jasper

good call.

Re: Romanarmy.com was offline! Now what happens? - Robert Vermaat - 03-05-2006

Right on! The Empire burst it borders, on to new conquest!!

Re: Romanarmy.com was offline! Now what happens? - Arthes - 03-05-2006

Welcome back Big Grin

Re: Romanarmy.com was offline! Now what happens? - FAVENTIANVS - 03-05-2006

I couldn't stand that abstinence syndrome... Confusedhock:

Re: Romanarmy.com was offline! Now what happens? - Optio equitum - 03-06-2006

Hey look, I do not have to go to RAT for my fix, I can quit any time... Confusedhock:

Welcome back all, I know withdraw symptoms were kicking in...Robert put it best, time to expand the empire!

Re: Romanarmy.com was offline! Now what happens? - Praefectusclassis - 03-06-2006

Ok. RAT's at the new server now. Mainsite to follow later.

Re: Romanarmy.com was offline! Now what happens? - Robert Vermaat - 03-06-2006

Quote:Hey look, I do not have to go to RAT for my fix, I can quit any time... Confusedhock:
Speak for yourself (shiver)..

Re: Romanarmy.com was offline! Now what happens? - Arthes - 03-06-2006

Withdrawal symtoms........lots of caffiene......wondering how many others are doing the same.....lol
Strangely enough when RAT is there, we can manage without for a day (although longer computerless periods start the jitters)....when we know it is not....we worry...lol
regards
Arthes

Re: Romanarmy.com was offline! Now what happens? - Alexius - 03-06-2006

I agree whit the new server decision.

Alexius

Quote:Withdrawal symtoms........lots of caffiene......wondering how many others are doing the same.....lol
Strangely enough when RAT is there, we can manage without for a day (although longer computerless periods start the jitters)....when we know it is not....we worry...lol
regards
Arthes

Okay, how many times a day did everyone check the site? I think my personal record was 10-12(a day)...I cannot image what it is like for you long time members...

Quote:
Optio equitum:1p9p54ar Wrote:Hey look, I do not have to go to RAT for my fix, I can quit any time... Confusedhock:
Speak for yourself (shiver)..

Okay, I lied...

Re: Romanarmy.com was offline! Now what happens? - Carlton Bach - 03-06-2006

Quote:Okay, how many times a day did everyone check the site? I think my personal record was 10-12(a day)...I cannot image what it is like for you long time members...

It just became a kind of routine. Break from work - check mail - check RAT - back to work...

Re: Romanarmy.com was offline! Now what happens? - Caballo - 03-06-2006

Thanks for all this, Jasper- worth at least a karma point in my book!!

Good to have RAT back :lol:

Cheers

Caballo

Jasper, you have once again proven why you are the right person to be running this (nut) house Big Grin