RomanArmyTalk
How-tos! - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: How-tos! (/showthread.php?tid=4810)

Pages: 1 2

How-tos! - Praefectusclassis - 02-19-2006

Thanks to the hard work of our epitomatores, the How-To section on the main site is quickly expanding with tips and tricks that over the years have been collected on RAT. So before you ask: have a look there.
Please note the 'Comment'-option too. If you have something to add: write it down, so it can be edited into the main text at a later point.

Re: How-tos! - caiusbeerquitius - 02-19-2006

Cool! The epitomatores are working quite quick! That's going to be a really really precious section. :!:

Re: How-tos! - Robert Vermaat - 02-19-2006

Great stuff!

Re: How-tos! - tlclark - 06-06-2006

Just went there, what happened to Martin's work on the valkenberg caligae?

I can't find it.

Travis

Re: How-tos! - Praefectusclassis - 06-06-2006

I'm not sure it was ever on there. We're planning to though...

Re: How-tos! - Tarbicus - 06-06-2006

Nope, not done yet. Been having problems with the editor.

Jasper, I've tried all 4 editors and none give me formatting still.

Re: How-tos! - griffin - 12-23-2007

May I suggest that Sulla Felix' Pugio Blade throught stock reduction thread be added to the how-to section.

I thought it was an excellent walk-through that has got me thinking about trying to make a blade..

the albion article - Q. Epidicus Andronicus - 04-06-2008

With the more-or-less demise of the Albion 'bare blade line (there are a few left in the 'moat sale' but that's it) I'd consider removing or revising the How-To for the Albion gladius that I found. I couldn't find the Comment option, though.

Also, with the release of the 2nd Gen gladius, I'd hope that the new hardware are more up-to-snuff and wouldn't require replacement. Wink

Re: How-tos! - rogue_artist - 06-18-2008

the Make Your Own Rivets section is a very small font.... not trying to be nit-picky, just thought I would bring it to your attention.

Re: How-tos! - Caballo - 08-19-2008

And just to let you know that the RMRS now has a "how to" section of the website as well- hope you find it useful!

http://www.romanarmy.net/howto.htm

Cheers

Caballo

Re: How-tos! - Crispvs - 10-30-2008

"And just to let you know that the RMRS now has a "how to" section of the website as well- hope you find it useful! "

Ahem, some of which needs substantial rewriting (as I have already suggested to both authors some time ago).

Crispvs

CLOTHING - Graham Sumner - 11-08-2008

Quote:Ahem, some of which needs substantial rewriting (as I have already suggested to both authors some time ago).

I would agree Paul. In the soft kit section I have never seen a tunic of those dimensions before, an original sagum type cloak that could be described as square or designs for paenula cloaks that look like those.

Whoever researched this article has either access to some very rare evidence which I have failed to find in over ten years of intense study, in which case all credit to them, or they have not done their research at all!

Thanks Adrian for the mention of my work in your article.

Graham.

Re: How-tos! - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 05-12-2009

What about the how-to section? I think there are some tutorials that could be interesting, and there are lost in the huge number of RAT topics. As autor of some of them (Vindonissa Pugio, Vindonissa Belt plate, Mainz sword...) i ask if were possible to made an special section only for tutorials.

Re: How-tos! - jvrjenivs - 05-13-2009

There is the section on the mainsite, but you've to transfer you text to there.

Re: CLOTHING - Gaius Julius Caesar - 06-09-2009

Quote:
Quote:Ahem, some of which needs substantial rewriting (as I have already suggested to both authors some time ago).

I would agree Paul. In the soft kit section I have never seen a tunic of those dimensions before, an original sagum type cloak that could be described as square or designs for paenula cloaks that look like those.

Whoever researched this article has either access to some very rare evidence which I have failed to find in over ten years of intense study, in which case all credit to them, or they have not done their research at all!

Thanks Adrian for the mention of my work in your article.

Graham.

Errr, Mr. Sumers, don't be saying that about the tunic...I modeled mine on a design verysimilar in one of your great Osprey books....don't tell me I wasted my time now!! Sad