RomanArmyTalk
Late Roman event at Archeon/NL, July 27th/3th 2006 - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Events (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Late Roman event at Archeon/NL, July 27th/3th 2006 (/showthread.php?tid=4060)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Late Roman event at Archeon/NL, July 27th/3th 2006 - Robert Vermaat - 11-04-2005

OK folks, it's confirmed - the Late Roman event at Archeon will be going ahead as planned, only it'll be 4 days instead of 'just' 2:

The invitations will be going out soon, but the dates are fixed:
July 26: travel day
July 27: day 1
July 28: day 2
July 29: day 3
July 30: day 4
July 31: travel day

Blast! - Viventius - 11-06-2005

Guess what? :roll: York's Roman Festival is on 29th-30th July 2006 ([url:b5dp7azi]http://www.yorkromanfestival.com/[/url]), and we're currently in negotiation for our participation in this event. Obviously, it's a Late Roman special date, as Constantine was hailed emperor in York in 306 AD. So the chances of us being a bunch of stay-at-homes again are very high. Sorry Cry

One day, but not yet (not yet)

Re: Blast! - Arthes - 11-06-2005

Quote:Guess what? :roll: York's Roman Festival is on 29th-30th July 2006 ([url:2alfj0s4]http://www.yorkromanfestival.com/[/url]), and we're currently in negotiation for our participation in this event. Obviously, it's a Late Roman special date, as Constantine was hailed emperor in York in 306 AD. So the chances of us being a bunch of stay-at-homes again are very high. Sorry Cry

One day, but not yet (not yet)
Greetings Viv,
one rather annoyed female is considering a few days holiday in Holland...... :wink:
regards
Arthes

Re: Late Roman event at Archeon/NL, July 27th/3th 2006 - Viventius - 11-06-2005

I know what you mean, but I don't think one has to be specifically female to be annoyed at the clash of dates ... :wink:

Archeon is an attractive venue with lots of lovely reconstructed buildings, and one day Kurt and I will visit. Robert puts a lot of work in getting the groups together and it's a shame we probably won't be there this time round.

Re: Blast! - Robert Vermaat - 11-08-2005

Quote:Guess what? :roll: York's Roman Festival is on 29th-30th July 2006
Sad roll: As things stand, this weekend will probably be the date for this event in years to come.. I hope York will change their dates back to what they were in the future! :evil:

Any dissident will be welcome, of course! :twisted:

Re: Late Roman event at Archeon/NL, July 27th/3th 2006 - Robert Vermaat - 01-21-2006

Tthe dates have been confirmed:
July 26: travel day
July 27: day 1
July 28: day 2
July 29: day 3
July 30: day 4
July 31: travel day

Re: Late Roman event at Archeon/NL, July 27th/3th 2006 - Paulus Claudius Damianus - 01-31-2006

Hi, all Folks!

The Herculianis comes to the new archeon late roman event 2006.

We show:

-New roman tactics drill (less complicated and most historical... lol)

-New fighting technics (most elaborated...)

-blumted plumbatae fire in formation (50 plumbatae... who want to do the fulcum?)

-real charge démo...

-New roman helmets built by Arbatio (our roman metal craftman) with forges...

-New pedagogic scene with neerlander transaltor (allelouya and thank to you...!!!!)

-Scorpio by Alexander our new member and roman war machine ingenior

-New gravis armatura and soldiers too

1) perfectisime tribunusque Anthemius
2) Centurio Geta
3) Vexillarius Arbatio
4) Antesignanus or principes Spadinos
5) Antesignanus or principes Alexander
6) Antesignanus or principes Vindex
7) Antesignanus or principes Ambrosius/Ambract
8) Antesignanus or principes Vetranio?
9) Antesignanus or principes Damianus

Civils

10) Verina.
11) Valeria.
12) Aeliola.

and maybe a few others members...

-New roman all embroïded tunics by Verina (our self hand embroided expert...)

-New roman games and kitchen by Spadinos, Valeria and Aeliola...

Re: Late Roman event at Archeon/NL, July 27th/3th 2006 - Paulus Claudius Damianus - 01-31-2006

This is the previsional planning....

Re: Late Roman event at Archeon/NL, July 27th/3th 2006 - Cacaius - 02-01-2006

Hello

Do you know estimate number of reenactors on this event ?
I am surprised of this date, since every year it was late medieval event in arheon theese days

Do you know when other roman events in archeon take place this year ?

Re: Late Roman event at Archeon/NL, July 27th/3th 2006 - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 02-01-2006

Damianus:

It will be very impresionant your show.

LEGIO PRIMA GERMANICA wiil be there, too. And, of course, our beloved Galla Placidia, probably with some new aditions.

Faventianus is very anxious waiting for Archeon! :lol:

Re: Late Roman event at Archeon/NL, July 27th/3th 2006 - Robert Vermaat - 02-01-2006

Quote:
The Herculianis comes to the new archeon late roman event 2006. We show:
-New roman tactics drill (less complicated and most historical... lol)
-New fighting technics (most elaborated...)
That's great! Could you send me an email with more details? Are the Foederati training with the Herculiani?

Quote:-blunted plumbatae fire in formation (50 plumbatae... who want to do the fulcum?)

Count me in! And I bet there will be more volunteers..

Quote:-real charge démo...
-New roman helmets built by Arbatio (our roman metal craftman) with forges...
-New pedagogic scene with neerlander transaltor (allelouya and thank to you...!!!!)
-Scorpio by Alexander our new member and roman war machine ingenior
-New gravis armatura and soldiers too
-New roman all embroidered tunics by Verina (our self hand embroided expert...)
-New roman games and kitchen by Spadinos, Valeria and Aeliola...

If you can send me pictures, I’d be most happy!
Who will be your Dutch translator?

Re: Late Roman event at Archeon/NL, July 27th/3th 2006 - Robert Vermaat - 02-01-2006

Quote:Do you know estimate number of reenactors on this event ?
I am surprised of this date, since every year it was late medieval event in archeon these days
Do you know when other roman events in archeon take place this year ?

Hi Cezary,
Well, estimates are difficult, but last year we had about 70 participants (50 soldiers and 19 civilians).
We had an event at the same weekend last year, so any Late Medieval event in that weekend will have been longer ago…
I know there’s a Roman event in the spring, and the Roman Days with Legio II Augusta are right after our Late Roman event, during the first two weeks of August.

Re: Late Roman event at Archeon/NL, July 27th/3th 2006 - Paulus Claudius Damianus - 02-01-2006

LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS:

"impresionant"...

hum, I wish but our new tactical drill is not really finished...

We have another interpretation to the roman formation technics at war and this year, a lot of thing change. with help to blumted weapon and simulacre, the show is most dynamic and logic, most historical and simplify too. Strangely, It is most efficience too... Big Grin At this moment we have much working the Vegetius chapters XIII and VIV of LIBER III with new cognition. Of course, work to the front battle line individual combat and hypothethic "turn-over" proposition.

And you are laugh Valerius... But it's true, the total space alloted to each roman soldiers in line (ordo, or late manipulus...) is 3 feet; not a space of 3 feet between each soldier... mea culpa... :oops:

Ok, Valerius I send to you a mail for most details...

A plus...

Re: Late Roman event at Archeon/NL, July 27th/3th 2006 - Paulus Claudius Damianus - 02-01-2006

Chapter XIV, LIBER III... sorry.

Quote: We have another interpretation to the roman formation technics at war and this year, a lot of thing change. with help to blumted weapon and simulacre, the show is most dynamic and logic, most historical and simplify too. Strangely, It is most efficience too... Big Grin At this moment we have much working the Vegetius chapters XIII and VIV of LIBER III with new cognition. Of course, work to the front battle line individual combat and hypothethic "turn-over" proposition.

Oooh, I know your group and I can't wait to see it! I hope we can go to Bavay, but we also have an invitation for an event here in The Netherlands and going abroad might be in the way of my family's holiday...

Quote: And you are laugh Valerius... But it's true, the total space alloted to each roman soldiers in line (ordo, or late manipulus...) is 3 feet; not a space of 3 feet between each soldier... mea culpa... :oops:

Yes! yes! Big Grin !:
Do you have access to a text of Syrianus Magister's text? It pre-dates the Strategikon by possibly 50 years or more.

I only have one reference: Zuckerman Constantin, "The Military Compendium of Syrianus Magister", Jarbuch der Osterreichischen Byzantinistik, 40, 1990.