RomanArmyTalk
Ludi Veleienses 2005 - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Events (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Ludi Veleienses 2005 (/showthread.php?tid=3763)

Pages: 1 2 3

Ludi Veleienses 2005 - aitor iriarte - 08-29-2005

On September 10th and 11th we'll have the fourth edition of our Roman re-enactment festival, held at the archeological site of Iruña/Veleia, near Vitoria (Alava, Basque Country - Spain)
Besides us, Cohors I Gallica, the following groups are invited:
Arkiz- Local civilian re-enactors.
Roma Antiqua (UK)- Multiperiod Roman re-enactment group
Familia Gladiatoria Pannonica (Hungary)- Principate period re-enactment gladiators
Legio I Germanica (Catalonia)- Multiperiod Roman re-enactment group
Septimani Seniores (Catalonia)- Late Roman re-enactment group
More details on following posts... Arrow

Aitor

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2005 - Robert Vermaat - 08-30-2005

Hi Aitor,

When will the Veleia website be visible again?

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2005 - aitor iriarte - 08-30-2005

Well,... We're still trying to find our 'former' webmaster to crucify him... :evil: :!:

Aitor

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2005 - aitor iriarte - 09-07-2005

Hello again,
I’m rather sad and confused because Anthrax, one of the leading gladiators of the Familia Gladiatoria was drowned in an accident while swimming in Italy last Monday. They shall perform with us as scheduled but their mood (and ours) will not be the same…
Cry
But he show must go on and I had planned to post here the timetable for our Ludi Veleienses MMV!

All along this week, from 18.00 to 20.00, at the Boulevard mall (Vitoria) we are running a workshop for children, where they can paint their own late Roman military tunics, shields and spears or to learn how Roman children played. Simultaneously, members of Roma Antiqua and Cohors I Gallica will show and explain to the public reconstructions of Roman surgical instruments.

On Friday the 9th, at 19.00, to close our display at the Boulevard mall, the groups will march fully equipped for the public to see them and the gladiators of the Familia Gladiatoria will perform a pair of combats.

On Saturday the 10th the Ludi Veleienses will properly begin.
Morning session (in Spanish)
11.00 Pompa. The re-enactors will march into the arena and greet the public.
11.20 The Roman army through history. Evolution of the Roman army from the Republic to the Dominate as shown by the military equipment. Performed by Legio I Germanica and Roma antique. Simultaneously children will be instructed in the basic drills of the late Roman army.
12.00 Munera. Explanation of gladiatorial types and fights by the Familia Gladiatoria Pannonica.
12.30 Killing from distance. Missiles of several kinds will be hurled by hand, sling, bow and torsion catapults. Cohors I Gallica and Roma Antiqua
13.15 Pompeia Valentina’s domus. The family of Pompeia Valentina will show their house. Cohors I Gallica and Arkiz Society.
13.45 Legio expedita. Cohors I Gallica, Septimani Seniores and late soldiers from Roman Antiqua and Legio I Germanica will perform basic late Roman manoeuvres alongside with the newly ‘trained’ children.
14.15 Munera. Second block of fights by the Familia Gladiatoria.

Evening session (in Basque)
17.00 Pompa.
17.20 The Roman army through history.
18.00 Munera.
18.30 Killing from distance.
19.15 Pompeia Valentina’s domus.
19.45 Legio expedita.
20.15 Munera.

On Sunday the 11th, there will be only the morning session, in Spanish, with the same programme as on Saturday.

All of you will be welcome!! Big Grin

Aitor

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2005 - Robert Vermaat - 09-07-2005

I'm very sad to hear about the death of Anthrax.. (See the OT section)

Quote:Septimani Seniores and Legio I Germanica
Wot's the difference between them?? I thought that only Ivan was from the Septimani Seniores.. :wink:

I also was very pleasantly surprised that you do the whole show in Spanish and in Basque as well! Idea

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2005 - aitor iriarte - 09-07-2005

Well, that is the result of a complicated and yet unfinished proccess...
More late Roman re-enactors joined Ivan but Legio I Germanica is a multi-period group and it was an odd situation. I still don't know if the lat group will retain the name of Septimani or if Ivan will keep it with him. Hopefully they will tell us this week-end :roll:

Ishall be one of the Basque speakers... :?

Aitor

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2005 - FAVENTIANVS - 09-09-2005

Well, Legio I Germanica has 2 late soldiers: One 3rd and a 4th century(me) and Septimani Seniores is another group created by Jordi Soler (a friend of mine) performing just the 4th century, and it has 3 members: Jordi Soler, Jordi Garcia and Jordi Mambrilla.

The first two Jordis above mentioned came together with I Germanica to Archeon, but now, they finally decided to make their own group separated from the I Germanica.

I'll remain with the I Germanica.

Robert, how do you write in Dutch "GOD VERDOMA"? :roll:

Nos vemos mañana Aitor!

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2005 - Robert Vermaat - 09-09-2005

Quote: Well, Legio I Germanica has 2 late soldiers: One 3rd and a 4th century(me) and Septimani Seniores is another group created by Jordi Soler (a friend of mine) performing just the 4th century, and it has 3 members: Jordi Soler, Jordi Garcia and Jordi Mambrilla.
The first two Jordis above mentioned came together with I Germanica to Archeon, but now, they finally decided to make their own group separated from the I Germanica.
Aha! So, next year I'll have to invite yet another group!! I thought YOU were the septimani seniores.. Do they have a website yet?

Quote:I'll remain with the I Germanica
Why not join the Jordi's?

Quote:
Robert, how do you write in Dutch "GOD VERDOMA"? :roll: [/quote]
:oops: :oops: :oops: IVAN!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
What? You're embarrassing me!!
(It's spelled godverdomme and it's considered heavy cursing, though everybody seems to say it! I won't allow my kids...)

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2005 - aitor iriarte - 09-11-2005

Just returned from the Ludi.
Around 4.000 persons came to see us during the three sessions. Big Grin
Heavy wind: three tents destroyed by it, that of the Familia Gladiatoria and two of my group :?
Today's final ceremony has been short and with the public running away because of the rain. At least we've been able do most of the scheduled programme in spite of adverse weather forecasts and somewhat less adverse real weather! :wink:
I'll try to post some pics in the following days!
Need some sleep now... 8)
Many thanks to all the invited groups!! Big Grin D

Aitor

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2005 - FAVENTIANVS - 09-11-2005

It's been a great time! Thanx Cohors I Gallica!

We have offered them to join us but they wanted to make their own group anyway. They don't believe in multiperiod re-enactment. They don't have a web page yet, but you can contact them through our links page.

In other hand, I have a commitment with my comrades of the I Germanica, when few of us were expelled from the VII Gemina, they abandoned the group in solidarity with us, creating, thought our new group. This was a so important sacrifice they made for us, that I will never break my commitment with them. They are my closest friends too.

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2005 - TIBISIVS - 09-15-2005

Salve Faventianus. Your message has arrived to me at the soul. Thank you very much for that reason. Aitor. the days were spectacular to haver if next year we improved them

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2005 - aitor iriarte - 09-15-2005

Many thanks, Quim! Big Grin
A couple of pics:
[Image: LEGIOEXPEDITA.jpg]
Familia Gladiatoria, Legio I Germanica and Roma Antiqva in view.
[Image: POMPEIASHOUSE.jpg]
The visit to one of the Roman houses, with the introduction of my elder daughter to Roman re-enactment... :wink:

Aitor

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2005 - maritimus - 09-15-2005

Aitor, I'll use your pic for our website (hope don't mind), we'll post more when we have them.... one of those days....

I just wanted to congratulate the organization of the event too. Everything was perfect, and we had a very great time Big Grin .

It surprised me the quantity of public that went to see the show Confusedhock: and how they enjoyed the explanations and performances. That is, i think, the best prize for you and for us. Chapeau!

Maritimus

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2005 - aitor iriarte - 09-15-2005

Thanks Comerus and Maritimus! Big Grin D
No problem to use that pic, Maritimus, it was taken by my wife, Idoia Eletxigerra. :wink:

Aitor

Re: Ludi Veleienses 2005 - FAVENTIANVS - 09-15-2005

SALVE TIBISIVS! SEMPER FIDELIS.