RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - John M McDermott - 03-08-2007

More action photos. Good show!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Tib. Gabinius - 03-08-2007

Just a small video with small number of men and a bit lacking equipment, but perhaps you like it.

http://www.erste-legion.de/deutsch/main ... deo=adarma

Sermonius of our I Germanica, Lentulus & Lepidus of our I Flavia Minervia as well as Lupus and Petronios of cohors I Thracum.

Our people are in consence, that the best moment appears, while Sermonius seems to stop at the ladder and Lepidus push him beside Big Grin

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 03-09-2007

Yes. All the people knows Legio I Germanica is famous for his lack of discipline. :wink: :lol:

Re: legio X officers - Theodosius the Great - 03-12-2007

It's nice to see high ranking officer impressions for a change. I really like John's armor and pteruges. The latter are apparently made of fabric. I wonder if Travis Clarke had something to do with that ? :wink:

I'm interested in exactly how they were contructed since I have an interest in making a fabric version myself this year. They look like multi-layered contruction.

Great job, all three !

Theo

Quote:[Image: museum1.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - John M McDermott - 03-12-2007

Yes, T. Clark should be credited with some of the inspiration. Also, credit goes to him for the shape of the subarmalis, which, you can't see.

The pteruges are made from tablet weaving, which is suggested by one of the sculptures in the thread started by T. Clark. They are backed doeskin and blue braid is applied on top. I considered using rawhide as a part of the contruction too, but decided not to. I took some pictures during construction, and plan to make a thread of it.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Mummius - 03-12-2007

Quote:Yes, T. Clark should be credited with some of the inspiration. Also, credit goes to him for the shape of the subarmalis, which, you can't see.

The pteruges are made from tablet weaving, which is suggested by one of the sculptures in the thread started by T. Clark. They are backed doeskin and blue braid is applied on top. I considered using rawhide as a part of the contruction too, but decided not to. I took some pictures during construction, and plan to make a thread of it.

That's great! I'd love to see pictures of the subarmalis.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Theodosius the Great - 03-12-2007

Quote:
John M McDermott:1c50hvua Wrote:Yes, T. Clark should be credited with some of the inspiration. Also, credit goes to him for the shape of the subarmalis, which, you can't see.

That's great! I'd love to see pictures of the subarmalis.

Yeah, I'll be sure to check it out as well. Thanks, John. Smile

~ Theo

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Crispvs - 03-13-2007

So will I!

Crispvs

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 03-13-2007

Ah, Theo - finally back to a decent avatar!!! Big Grin D

Are now totally into the Flavian period, or is there still a Late Roman somewhere? Big Grin

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - John M McDermott - 03-14-2007

See "tablet weave pteruges" in the re-enactment and reconstruction section.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Petronius Murus - 03-16-2007

A few others action photos! Smile

[Image: zichov05_P1011281.JPG]

[Image: zichov05_P1011290.JPG]

[Image: zichov05_P1011297.JPG]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Roma Invictus - 03-18-2007

wow, some nice re-enactment authenticity. looks good all. just one question, do you all make all the stuff? (meaning armor/weapons/ornaments/flags/etc)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - John M McDermott - 03-19-2007

No.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 03-19-2007

No. Clothing. Armour.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Virilis - 03-24-2007

Here is my late roman impression so far. The new gorgeous belt made by Primus Paulus (Paul Mullins) matches my poor tunic really well :wink: ...